Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chanuka Gift for a Teacher who is above & beyond

aidelmaidel

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 11:07 pm
I have a special ed dd who is in a regular classroom.

Her limudei kodesh teacher this year has truly gone above and beyond this year to work with my daughter, to talk to the therapists about what else she could be doing, etc.

She is incredibly kind to my dd, and genuinely likes her.

I am contributing $ to the class chanuka gelt, but would like to get this teacher something special. I know she had a baby over the summer (and has a few other kids), and would like to get her something nice that she could use - not just another coffee mug.

Any suggestions? I have to give $25 per child in chanuka gelt per teacher, so my budget here is not huge, but I'm open to your suggestions!

TIA

manyhats

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 11:18 am
I would not give a gift for the baby.

How about a beautiful card expressing her particular skills and personality traits which make her such a wonderful teacher and how grateful and lucky you are that she is your daughter's teacher. Include in your card
that you participated in the class gift but are also sending an additional small gift as a token of appreciation.

Perhaps a gift card to a "teachers' supply store or a Judaic book store would be suitable.
manyhats

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 11:23 am
Where I live, there's a gift card you can get that is good for multiple local stores (like Judaica, clothing, accessories - there's a whole list). Last year DD had a teacher who really went beyond the norm. I bought her the gift card, along with a note, figuring this way she has lots of options.

Some malls have cards that you can use in any shop in the mall. Otherwise, you can get a Visa giftcard or something like that.

A personal note makes every gift special.

baba

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 11:26 am
I agree, a nice personal card should be added.
I would get some nice Body Shop type product.

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 11:50 am
I am definitely writing her a card, but wanted to get an actual "gift" not just a gift card.

I was thinking maybe to get her a gift certificate to take her kids to the Jewish Children's Museum, but at $10/head that could get expensive *fast*.

I heard that mani/pedi certs are common in her school, but that just feels tacky to me.

Any other ideas?

manyhats

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 11:31 pm
how about a Chanuka CD ?
manyhats

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 1:34 pm
bump

Any other ideas?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 1:45 pm
I think that a heartfelt card letting her know just how much she has made an inpact in your child's life will be the most appreciated.
You can add a check or credit card gift card along with that.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 3:09 pm
I do not want to just give a check or visa gift card. I want to give an actual gift. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:12 pm
aidelmaidel wrote:
I do not want to just give a check or visa gift card. I want to give an actual gift. Any ideas?

A beautiful leather briefcase/attache case?
A plaque made with a heartfelt poem? Maybe with a faded pic of your child in the background of the text?

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:15 pm
A gift card to a spa?

gold21

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:26 pm
something for the home, such as: a salad bowl and pretty serving spoons; a pretty vase filled with those fake flowers that look real but last a lot longer than real.... something for her, such as: a necklace; earrings; scented moisturizers and creams; perfume....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics