Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov of Midwood nursery

MimiMommy

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:06 am
Anybody know anything about the nursery? Any compliments or complaints? Also, are the hours 9-3 too long for a 3 year old? My dd is used to being home, now she's in a playgroup only about 12 hours a week. Would appreciate any info, as I need to make a decision! The main thing I'm unsure about is the hours, they seem really long to me. Thanks!

cbw

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:12 am
I think all school nurseries have those hours. im trying to find out about the school in general, do you know anything?

MimiMommy

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:18 am
many have those hours, many don't. 9-3 is the longest it gets though. I don't know anything about the school, sorry, guess they're too new to have a reputation yet!

cbw

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:49 am
I believe that prospect and masores nurseries have those hours. the basement types end between two and three,depending on the school. I wish someone here could tell me something about that school. I dont know anyone who sends there

MimiMommy

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 10:52 am
well I did find out that the principal was arrested recently and has for years been involved in white collar crimes like financial fraud, blackmail, etc., and is currently awaiting a trial, and will most probably spend time in prison. I don't think I want to send my daughter there anymore, unless someone can say they're a great school regardless of the guy "running" it.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 11:32 am
that's the dean, not the principal, I believe

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 3:22 pm
Quote:
I don't think I want to send my daughter there anymore, unless someone can say they're a great school regardless of the guy "running" it.

I'm that someone who will tell you that that "guy" is NOT running the school. he just owns it. My 1st grader goes there and I know the Hanhala very well! The director is Mrs. Zahava Kraitenberg, who was a long time well respected educator at Masores BY. She is an amazing woman, so warm and caring, she has moved heaven and earth to get special ed services for kids that needed it,including my own.

The hebrew principal is someone named Mrs. Chaya Fried, she is also a very very lovely person, and know her for the last decade.

Rabbi Balkany had made some terrible choices, but people are so quick to judge, they forget what a huge ba'al tzedakah and chesed he is, not defending him, but my kids have attended his schools for years and he's always been there for all his talmidos.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to IM me.

Mrs. Mommy

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 10:28 pm
Rabbi Balkany is the dean and has nothing to do with the actual running of the school, the students or the curriculum. Mrs. Kraitenberg is absolutely amazing. She runs the school and it is her curriculum. I dont think there is one person there that is unhappy! They put everything into their students and each and every one of them loves school!

9-3 is pretty standard for nursery hours. Almost all nurseries have those hours. The kids get used to having such a full day pretty quickly.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 8:08 pm
would a yeshivish family fit in there? (open minded yeshivish)

cbw

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 9:05 pm
what is their level of educaation so far? is it comparable to the other neighborhood schools?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics