Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What brainless thing have u done lately?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 25  26  27  Next

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 12:48 am
bakermom wrote:
I have to show this to my dh!! He just rolls his eyes every time I do these types of things, which is every few min....

I was going to the grocery for 1 item I needed, so I figured, why not get the weekly shopping done? came home w/ $200 worth of stuff - but not the one thing I needed...

I always take along the outgoing mail, and bring it back home...

I know not to take 2 things at one time to put away, cuz they'll both end up in the wrong place. same with sorting laundry...

Oh my son got so upset because I did this very thing one day.
We had all the fixings for baked ziti, but the ziti I think.
So I said "OK, I'll go get the ziti."
"You'll forget!"
"No I won't".

Well you can imagine what I DIDN'T bring home.

Butterfly

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 12:57 am
MamO3 wrote:
I like veg soup without the veg. I strained the soup into the sink and was left with the veg. I stood open mouthed for a long time wondering just how stupid I could get.

I sincerely hope that I won't get an appendix attack from laughing so hard tonight.
This thread is way too funny.
I am too embarrassed to add my own stuff though... some are way worse than the one's on this thread.. can you imagine that??

It's releiving to know that I ain't alone in this...

yummydd

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 1:29 am
These are some really funny stuff....

When I got married I had no idea how to do laundry, when I was washing my tights I figured I want to protect the coloring on it. So I figured I would use detergent thats made for white washing as I thought white is more delicate and has much more delicate washing detergent.
Well I used one which is alot stronger and is only made for white which cannot get discolered, you can imagine how my tights came out looking.

sarahd

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 4:17 am
MamO3 wrote:
I like veg soup without the veg. I strained the soup into the sink and was left with the veg. I stood open mouthed for a long time wondering just how stupid I could get.

I must have read this four times already and each time I read I literally laugh out loud. I can just see myself doing this.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 4:32 am
brainless? sure. I opened the freezer this morning and saw two chanukah candles inside. I have no idea why they were there, but for sure whomever put them there (it could have been me, I have no recollection Smile ) definitely was lacking brains for a while.

I was driving with both of the front windows upen one day. there was a nice breeze. I had a bag of tissues as well as an empty CD holder on the dashboard of the car. I made a quick left turn and out the window went the CD holder. I could not even stop to get it if I wanted to as cars were coming behind me. But I did see some people standing at a bus stop take a double take and I started ROTF Smile Thank G-d it didnt hurt anyone.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 4:37 am
" sweet valley gal wrote "that reminds me of something I did for the first few MONTHS, yes months of marriage. I used fabric softener as detergent... I never used detergent just fabric softener! "

a girl did this in Sem!

imaima

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 5:14 am
Sometimes I would check eggs, dump them in the garbage and put shell in the bowl..

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 5:28 am
imaima wrote:
Sometimes I would check eggs, dump them in the garbage and put shell in the bowl..

That must make for an interesting omelet!

e1234

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 6:55 am
Quote:
I was so so tired and picked up my baby to nurse her. Instead of opening my shirt to nurse her, I started unzipping her instead!

so I nurse in the night with my eyes closed.
when my son first starting moving around a lot - I found myself one night picking him up and as I was lying him on me I noticed something was wrong. I opened my eyes and realized I picked him up feet first.
(yes he did move his head to the opposite side from where I put him to sleep)

piegirl

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 7:35 am
lol im cracking up so hard!
one time I was on the phone while taking some stuff out of the deep freezer. I hung up the phone, took the meat and walked out of the room.
our phone was missing for a week until the next erev shabbos when I opened the freezer again...

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 7:56 am
batmelech wrote:
lol im cracking up so hard!
one time I was on the phone while taking some stuff out of the deep freezer. I hung up the phone, took the meat and walked out of the room.
our phone was missing for a week until the next erev shabbos when I opened the freezer again...
I am ROTFL Smile I have a story like that.
My mother and I were doing a big clean of the basement. Major clean, think a lot of gigantic garbage bags. Well, while we were cleaning the phone rang. The phone was then put down. We could not find it at all. We looked high and low in the mess still in the basement. And then the phone rang. We were running around like a chicken without a head on and we heard the noise coming from outside...it was in one of the garbage bags, ready to be taken onto a garbage truck.

But I have an even better lost phone one. Last pesach my family all came to stay near me for the chag and my apartment was FULL FULL. Well, the phone went missing for three days. People were calling our cell phones and we had no idea where it was. Then my mother came to the apartment, from where she was sleeping and she was ROTFL. It had been in her apron pocket in the other house for three days.

talk about brainless......

greentiger

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 8:20 am
I have often done that where I get worried about making my cheese milchig.

This used to happen to me. When I hear a cry, I always check everything is ok with the kids. This instinct is so strong that I find myself checking that my kids are alright even when they are both right in front of me. Its kind of like a inventory count, but I only have 2 kids!

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 10:59 am
greentiger wrote:
I have often done that where I get worried about making my cheese milchig.

This used to happen to me. When I hear a cry, I always check everything is ok with the kids. This instinct is so strong that I find myself checking that my kids are alright even when they are both right in front of me. Its kind of like a inventory count, but I only have 2 kids!

I'm the same way. Both of my kids come into my bed at night. There are times they are both in my bed and I hear a neighbor's kid crying. I checked their empty bedroom many times. I also handed my 4-year-old his brother's sippy cup, gave my 2-year-old a yarmulka and tried paying my cleaning lady with a metrocard.

CTSunshine

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 11:23 am
Once I forgot to cook for Shabbos! I don't know what I was thinking, I got everything else ready, set the table, cleaned the house, bathed my daughter, I even washed and set my shaitel! My husband came home Fri. afternoon, and noticed all was ready minus any food! Where oh where was my head that day?

observer

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 11:56 am
MamO3 wrote:

this one had me laughing so hard!!!

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 12:37 pm
CTSunshine wrote:
Once I forgot to cook for Shabbos! I don't know what I was thinking, I got everything else ready, set the table, cleaned the house, bathed my daughter, I even washed and set my shaitel! My husband came home Fri. afternoon, and noticed all was ready minus any food! Where oh where was my head that day?

What did you all end up eating?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 1:16 pm
observer wrote:
MamO3 wrote:

me too. I was laughing very hard. it also made me think of a clip from the show "mad about you": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated (first 20 seconds or so)

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 1:23 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
observer wrote:
MamO3 wrote:

me too. I was laughing very hard. it also made me think of a clip from the show "mad about you": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated (first 20 seconds or so)

I kept thinking of that but couldn't remember the name of the show!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 1:28 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
observer wrote:
MamO3 wrote:

I kept thinking of that but couldn't remember the name of the show!!!
Smile wasnt it a great one?

grace413

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 1:31 pm
I have more than once tried to open the front door of the house with the car alarm button. (It doesn't work).
Page 3 of 27   Previous  1  2  3  4 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics