Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Something I did today, that I wanted to share

Annie

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 11:27 pm
I don't know why I never thought of this before, probably because usually when a mishulach comes to the door I always get my husband, but today my husband wasn't unavailable when the man knocked on the door. My 7 year old and one of my 4 yr olds had already gone to bed, so it was just me and one of my boys. I checked the mishulach's papers (we have a registration system in my city so that we know their story is legit) and then went to get my checkbook. In the meantime, my little boy is so excited about the "tzedeka rabbi" and wants to give him tzedeka. I realized that having him give the man the check wasn't going to work, so I got some change out of my purse, and after I handed the man the check, I let my little boy give him the change. You should have seen my little guys face. he was *so* excited. The man gave him a bracha and my little guy was so proud. Then two minutes later, another mishulach came by and my little boy said "can I give this man tzedeka too mommy?"

You know, in the 7 years I've had kids, we're always careful to be polite and respectful to misulachim, so they see that, but it never ocurred to me until today to actually let them do something . . .

anyway, I wanted to share with some other moms who would "get" it.

stem

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 11:31 pm
That's really nice! Sometimes I let my daughter hand the check to the meshulach, and she just beams.

momofgirls

Post Thu, Aug 17 2006, 12:29 am
That is really nice, Before I light candles I let my 2 yr old put a penny in the puska, she is so excited.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics