Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Another victim of se-xual abuse sharing his story.

smilingmom

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 10:46 pm
Another victim sharing his story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAlk_uZ1tUo

Merrymom

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 11:30 pm
My heart goes out to Shlomo but people like Ben Hirsch are the reason why there's so much silence in the religious community. He goes on to make it sound like all the religiousness is nothing but a cover-up for the supposed sickness and rampant s exual abuse in the community. I think that's really sick, I'm sure it's a tiny minority and we should help the children but without the involvement of the media. That's why the organization in Chicago is so wonderful because they're coming up with solutions without sensationalism.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 11:36 pm
Is there any way to publicize it without going to television?

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 31 2015, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inspired

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 2:13 am
OPINIONATED wrote:

Like what?
Internet?

smilingmom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 7:32 am
Inspired wrote:
OPINIONATED wrote:

Like what?
Internet?

Or perhaps Hamodia or Yaated will publicize se-xual abuse in the community????????????????

sneakermom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 9:09 am
Ben Hirsch is also a victim and that is why he is so bitter about it. And yes a bit anti frum. I personally was appalled at the way the rep for monroe said he didn't believe that the victim approached his Rabbi as a child etc. That was absolutely wrong. He was trying to make things look better but actually it was very transparent how they invalidate victims.

Why does the community so quickly believe news that somebody has a tv or is not modest but this is not believed?

Why don't people realize that if they have zero tolerance for abusers and put them away they will not lose anything....all the innocent will be protected. The family's of the abusers will be okay as they are innocent, the community will get respect that they actually don't hide this stuff but spit it out. What is there to lose? Why as a community is there so much resistance?

Why is denial so a powerful defense mechanism in our community? Doesn't the Torah teach intelligence, sharpness....why are we so easily fooled?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics