Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to Washington
Previous  1  2

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 4:27 am
I think there will be a lunch, and a reception....looks like I have to shop for new outfits!

btw, looks I am going to New York for a few days as well!!!

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 10:10 am
Laura dearie, is of course, First Lady Laura Bush, the dear wife of President George W. Bush.

hey, maybe you can get me an invitation too? I would love to come to something like that! who else will be there? what will you wear? maybe you can shop in NY if youre there before the receptions.

and what do you have so much against the president? hes not worse than the past few presidents weve had.

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 10:17 am
RG, I would invite you, but I don't think I can .... are you in washington?
I will be in new york after I will be in DC...so shopping need to be done here.......

I am parve re the president of the usa, trying to be at least. don't have a high opinion on any of the world leaders at this point... Wink

I don't know yet who else is going to be there, maybe closer to the date I can tell you more!

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 10:26 am
nope, I live in NY, if you need a place to stop by, have a drink, lunch, make telephone calls, rest,... look me up! (I know, I know, there are so many restaraunts and hotels, but I do love visitors Smile )

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 11:03 am
well, thank you very much for that, RG - might take you up on that! I am traveling with my parents and sis, and don't know yet what we will do when and where, but definately will keep it in mind!
Very Happy

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 11:05 am
Very Happy it shall be an honor....

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 11:08 am
Cheers!!! will pm you later on this month iyh re details...
btw, this gives you also a chance to change your mind Wink

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 11:28 am
change my mind? never! Very Happy
PM me when you know what youre doing, ill do my best to help you out. but I must warn you that im not a walking encyclopedia like sarahd.... Smile

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 7:16 am
thanks again RG, much appreciated! will be in touch, iyh!

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 9:18 am
yes, I am back again. closer to the date, I have another question:
I want to buy a digital photo camara (preferably with printer) - but don't have time to go to lots of places to compare prices. could anyone point me to a trustworthy and interesting re price store/chain? would highly appreciate it!
hardly any kosher restaurants in washington dc Crying found only 2 on the web: Archives restaurant and Stacks Deli.
anyone who can add to this list?

also, I have the address I will be staying in new york: 429th East 52nd street, between first and second avenue.
any tips on kosher restaurants in that area?

thank you for your patience with me!!!!

elisecohen

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 2:14 pm
Archives/Stacks has been closed for some time now. We do have a large frum community in the MD suburbs--Silver Spring/Rockville/Potomac. Just minutes from DC. We have 3 pizza restaurants, Chinese, several donut places (not cholov yisroel, but the pizza places are), and a couple of fleishig hamburger/sandwhich type restaurants. Shuls, schools, daf yomi, etc available here too. Downtown the only place to get kosher food is at the DCJCC, and I think that with advance notice the George Washington University kosher catering will prepare box lunches. If you want to respond privately through that feature on this list, feel free, if you need more details of who to contact and where to find things.
Be well
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics