Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
The most disgusting wedding announcement ever:
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:14 am
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12.....dings

THIS is the featured wedding announcement in the NYTimes? I'm sick.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:16 am
So trashy!
Whatever happened to being normal??

greentiger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:44 am
yuck. I hate how acting on your feelings is admired. Those poor kids.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:45 am
It could have been worse. They didn't have an affair....

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:48 am
WOW. So leaving the spouse you had 3 kids with, because you fell in love with a stranger who entered the room when you just happened to be there, is acceptable. First youre family friends, with your spouses, and then you just up and leave the spouse because the new guy is cooler??? We truly live in a world of disposable families. How self centered and narcissistic. I'm nauseious.

PS notice how no one in the wedding photo looks happy, except the couple themselves.

and what will happn in five years from now when one of them will meet another new stranger whom they'll fall in love with?

Whatever happened with 'til death do us part'?

UGH.

interestedbrooklyn

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:55 am
barf

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:58 am
This stuff happens. But it doesn't need to make the NYTimes.

What was up with that phone call from the daughter? Why did she call then? Why did they answer?

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:03 am
Tamiri wrote:

Tamiri, want to buy a bridge?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:04 am
Yeah, at least no affair, no lies.

What really saddens me is a similar state of mind from frum people. Oh, divorce is no big deal. Oh, I want another spouse. The kids? they'll still see their mom/dad and anyway many frum kids have divorced parents, there is no stigma anymore.

I certainly wouldn't want to marry someone who dropped a (normal) spouse for me. They probably think it's different and speshul and youneeek between them and it would sooo not happen again Rolling Eyes

Or they're the type to think one cannot spend decades and decades with the same person because we change. "It was made in a time people spent ten or fifteen years together before indeed death did them part!".

chavamom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:09 am
Puke

Tamiri

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:21 am
grace413 wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

What, you don't believe them? You think they tried out the merchandise before committing?

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:29 am
Tamiri wrote:
grace413 wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

What, you don't believe them? You think they tried out the merchandise before committing?

Would you throw out your current car without test-driving a new one?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:30 am
When I was teaching this happened. At first these two girls were friends and neighbors in the same class. By the next year, they were sisters. Both parents were together the year before.

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:31 am
Animals!!! .... they smell some pheromones and common sense ,kids and innocent spouses all goes at the window!
sick selfish and twisted,those poor kids and the dumped spouses. Puke

NativeMom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:31 am
I think it's strange. I wouldn't call it an announcement, especially because they bring up all the pain that their ex spouses experienced...seriously...

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:35 am
NativeMom wrote:
I think it's strange. I wouldn't call it an announcement, especially because they bring up all the pain that their ex spouses experienced...seriously...

It was in the Styles section among all the wedding announcements as the "featured story" as it got half the page.

Barbara

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:36 am
Mimisinger wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/fashion/weddings/19vows.html?_r=1&ref=weddings

First, they're both relatively prominent. She's a reporter, he's head of media sales for Time Warner. Second, its been a titilating story going around. Anyone who would like to pretend that teh secular world found this to be A-OK is fooling herself.

OTOH, this is not a case of people who barely knew one another running off together. This is two adults who knew one another fairly well failling out of love with their spouse, and in love with the other. The fact that he bounced back and forth between separation and marriage shows that he didn't take this lightly.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:38 am
How disgusting. These things do happen (a shanda), but think of the pain the ex-spouses of this "dynamic duo" are feeling. And to wake up every morning, put on the channel 4 news, and see this homewrecker.
Think of the pain of these children. The gossiping. The awkwardness they will feel in high school (The NY Prep School scene is a very small one!) :/

In most contracts for TV reporters, there is a clause that they can be fired if they do something that tarnishes the image or reputation of the station by their personal actions. I'm curious to see how much freelance work she will get now....

PS I'm sure people have had thoughts of "What if?" at some point in their marriages. But if acting on it, why cause so much pain and then act so casually about it?

MommyZ

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:40 am
Doesn't anyone care about how this will affect the children when their parents dirty laundry is aired in public like this?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:41 am
Barbara wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/fashion/weddings/19vows.html?_r=1&ref=weddings

First, they're both relatively prominent. She's a reporter, he's head of media sales for Time Warner. Second, its been a titilating story going around. Anyone who would like to pretend that teh secular world found this to be A-OK is fooling herself.

OTOH, this is not a case of people who barely knew one another running off together. This is two adults who knew one another fairly well failling out of love with their spouse, and in love with the other. The fact that he bounced back and forth between separation and marriage shows that he didn't take this lightly.

Do you know them? I don't think in the secular world this is "A-OK" OTOH for the Times to feature it is gross.

Additionally, they first met and were immediately attracted and then became friends - it seemed to me that they liked each other immediately and became friends as a socially acceptable way to be together. Antithetical to what I would consider to be the norm. I'm married and find someone attractive? Then I need to high-tail it out of that situation and NOT come back. And that's not merely a frum way of thinking - it's the way someone who respects their marriage to think.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries