Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
We have a pets forum!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:57 pm
Nicole,

So is Jakey fudge jewish? should he be named vanilla on account of the color of his coat. I petition his name be changed to Jakey Vanilla!!

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:01 am
yocheved- your doggie is gorgeous!

Happy 2B wrote:
Nicole,

So is Jakey fudge jewish? should he be named vanilla on account of the color of his coat. I petition his name be changed to Jakey Vanilla!!

obviously he is! and he gives back to the community as a dedicated hatzolah member, can't you tell?

his original name from the shelter was brownie. I told my kids they needed to change it, so I guess fudge just came to mind. my older daughter came up with the name "jakey" and my 4 year old proclaimed that his hebrew name is fudge. so really we call him yaakov fudge ben dov yosef... j/k

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:15 am
nicole81 wrote:
so really we call him yaakov fudge ben dov yosef... j/k

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Scruffy's full name is:

"Governor Charles Scruffy Mcgruff" But we just call him scruffy and sometimes scruffy muffin Smile

He's a great secret dog to have... My husband doesn't let me say his name in the house though he's afraid of dogs. well all animals...

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:25 am
As an intro: I am a very chassidish woman residing in williamsburg. Pets are usually frowned upon here.
Since I live in the part of town where dog sighting is a daily occurrence, I have tried to instill a liking for them to my DD.
So now she has decided she wants a poodle for a pet. NOW. She has asked for one for afikomen.
So now.. She has resorted to walking 'round the house 24/7 with a stuffed poodle in her hand. Lol!

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:28 am
I am a chassidishe woman who can not have a pet because it is "not allowed" I therefore have a secret pet..
oh and lots of stuffed pets to keep me company Smile they are also a secret so dont tell!

I feel for your daughter!!! I want scruffy to come home with me!!!

detroitmom

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:29 am
I miss my cats desperately but my older son is super allergic to them. So I left them with my mom:(

At least we have a great doggie who my children adore, but I still want a kitty. Cats don't slobber all over you and chew on everything you leave out. Cats are warm and cuddly but they have enough sense of self not to cling to you.

They have their own lives, ie sleeping and eating Wink

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:33 am
We have two cats, Dina and Midnight, who belong to my daughters. Dina belongs to my 11 year old...she is just like her...very frisky and full of energy, and Midnight belongs to and is like my older daughter (17) quiet, reserved.

They both like to groom my hair after I shower though!

sequoia

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:02 am
detroitmom wrote:
Cats are warm and cuddly but they have enough sense of self not to cling to you.

They have their own lives, ie sleeping and eating Wink

True... or at least they try not to be too obvious about it!

They have an inner reserve which restrains their affectionate natures.

sleepwalking

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:55 am
Is lice also included as pets?

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:07 am
One hamster, know as bashi bazouk. We've had goldfish in the past as well.

We were thinking of getting a cat and got as far as the pet shelter to look at them. But the only one suitable was too young (so they said) for us to have with toddlers in the house.

Maybe in the future.

Now I need to find a foster family for the hamster when we go away.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:29 am
Happy 2B wrote:
LOL! LOL! LOL!! for lappy from mama bear and the stray computer mice!! you had me rolling!!

I have a secret pet.. His name is scruffy. Here he is as a baby!! he's hard not to love!

He's delicious! What kind of dog is he?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:36 am
So here is Endora, our new kitten. Yes, she's named after Samantha's mother from Bewitched. What else are you going to name a black cat but a 'witchy' name LOL.

We used to have a Siberian Husky named Chinook and an orange tabby named Tigger.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:14 am
Dh and I together or separatedly had almost everything!
Dog
Cat
Frog
Slug
Various bugs
Guinea pig
Rat
Turtle
Fish
Hamster
Rabbit
Shrimps
Snails

We have pet sitted a ferret.
Today we "just" have rats, guinea pigs, and are giving away the fish because we lack time for everyone.

After trying to breed guppies and shrimps without much success, we are beginning to be a bit "known" as rat breeders (our site: http://tinyurl.com/26nn4ol ). We have some interesting projects (about hairless rats, siamese rats, etc), keep it all "family style" (big cages, very social rats, good food that we buy at breeder price + home made food). We are also less expensive than a pet shop so many people prefer shlepping a bit and having a rat who is used to human beings and can behave and know you have to be even nicer with children and so on. Pet shop rats can be afraid of people, here they are touched by us from birth and fall asleep on us.

When a girly is pregnant we put up ads and they babies are booked even before birth. With Xmas MANY parents want to offer a rat or two (ideally a rat should not be alone), had we known we would have started more litters!

IYH we will be successful at breeding guinea pigs and skinnies (hairless GP) too.

We both went for the animal capacity certificate, it was a dream to go to school together and BH we found a way to do it LOL

The ultimate pet thread http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....26751 Wink

sequoia

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:18 am
Ruchel can you ask a mod to move your thread to this forum?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:20 am
I'm not sure how to do it! Who is the Pet Mod?

sequoia

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:23 am
The mods for the Social Scene and Household Management are the same ones, so just ask any one of them. Atali, for example.

tralala

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 7:13 am
My goopie just had ...16 babies!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 7:16 am
We have wild birds. We supply nyger (thistle seed) and a birdbath and G-d takes care of them. No vet bills! We have started to dig a very small pond (being dug by dear foster son and his friends) but have had to suspend digging operations until spring.

And we have about 25 rubber duckies.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 7:17 am
Mazel tov!! My guppie babies rarely reached adulthood, for some reason. And my ancistrii had very low libido despite a spirulin-starch supplementation... never had any litter.
http://mon.bac.free.fr/images/.....2.jpg
DH dreamed of being the first one to discover the protocol to Thor shrimp breeding - didn't work!

As a teen I thought only human beings could have fertility issues and animals had easy births! I was soooo wrong.

tralala

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 7:19 am
As a teen I thought only human beings could have fertility issues and animals had easy births! I was soooo wrong.[/quote]

LOL
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets