Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
People Speak 4

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 5:49 pm
It's light and much more upbeat than his other ones-- I like it. He makes it appear as though these stories are true-- are they?

Isramom8

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 6:04 pm
Supposed to be true, with poetic license. He improves on the writing and changes details, maybe combines a few people's stories into one, maybe adds description and imagines parts of the story the teller didn't tell.

Rabbi Chaim Walder isn't just telling stories. He is attempting to do good for Klal Yisrael by educating a whole generation of children to get in touch with their honest emotions and incorporate that into life as the Jewish people know it. It can make the future look different for us. We can have more integrity happening.

He is a real person with kids in real schools; my neighbor goes to yeshiva with his son. He runs a center in Bnei Brak that helps families with challenging children.

chatz

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 8:18 pm
Good book - I really like the series - but I got annoyed at the 4 stories from that yerushalmi couple...

And you can definitely tell that these are based on true stories. Have you ever read his other short stories that are completely fictional? Huge difference.

And I do agree that his stories have purpose and are doing a lot of good!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 9:08 pm
It is supposed to be true. I like reading them. Only in israel....

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 10:20 pm
A workmate just brought it for me to borrow and I left it in work Sad Uch why did you remind me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room