Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Which is better: Salad Time OR Salad Time 2 and why?

Which is better Salad Time OR Salad Time 2
Salad Time  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Salad Time 2  
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Mevater

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 6:30 pm
They're from Judaica Press, Salad Time 2 was put out in 2007. They're probably very similar with small variations.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:07 pm
Someone gave me Salad time #2 as a gift -
I never saw what salad time #1 has -

mine is quite nice, with a whole bunch of similar salads with some variations.
I like how it was all grouped - salad with vegis, salads with fruit, salads with chicken....

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:13 pm
I have both and I use both.. I would say that neither is better. Start with 1 when you get bored go on to 2. The both have a gazzilion recipes.. I don't think anyone can say one is better than another without making all the recipes putting them in a spreadsheet and rating each recipe 1 -10 a lot of work to decide which recipe book to buy Smile Buy one, or two start cooking!!

B'hatzlacha.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:18 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
I have both and I use both..

how many years apart were the 2 cook books put out??

if they were within 5 years - I dont think salad trends have changed that much during that time - so I would get the 1st one - where the ppl who organized and collected the recipes used their best and most favorite recipes.

If it is more than 5 years between the two - I would get the second one - with more recent recipes....

Happy 2B - can I assume that many recipes overlap in both books - I have the 2nd one and saw many classic ones - coleslaw, guacamole, soy-sauce -style dressings, honey -mustard....

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:20 pm
does anyone sell the books as a series -
I think I have also seen dessert time - but dont know how those recipes are

the salad one is very straight forward. list ingredients and how to put it together - quick and easy looking

Mevater

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:21 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
I don't think anyone can say one is better than another without making all the recipes putting them in a spreadsheet and rating each recipe 1 -10 a lot of work to decide which recipe book to buy Smile
Wow, you use them both with such equal frequency that you dont find yourself looking for one more often than the other? Wow. I already have a huge collection of cookbooks and Im not looking to buy two specifically for salads.

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 8:23 pm
I have desert time too but I don't tend to use.. not sure why...

mevater, good point. I didn't know the recipes overlap... not sure how far apart they were printed they are in the kitchen I can check later and let y'all know I'm not in the mood of going to the kitchen just yet.

OP. I'm in NY I do lend out my cookbooks if you want to borrow both to decide which one you want to buy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics