Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where can I get newborn clothes
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 3:36 pm
For the savvy imamother shopper; please help me shop for my baby.
I'm in my 9th month and I'm looking for clothes, reasonably priced. I want things that will wear well and could be used for another child B"EH.

I know there are sales going on, but I'm not a savvy shopper, and I'm hoping that some of you could advise me where it's kedai to go....

spring13

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 5:17 pm
Carters is kind of my default for baby clothes, although you can find their stuff in lots of department stores. the things my daughter (my 1st kid) has outgrown are still in great shape and will definitely be usable for another baby.

if you have a crazy 8 store near you, check it out. I was just in one for the first time and liked what I saw.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 5:38 pm
The carters website has a great sale going on now. Things are as low as 3.99

JustPlainMe

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:28 pm
I do most shopping online. Honestly, todays quality is not what it used to be. Even the expensive european brands are not the same... I stick to the stores listed below, I could say 99% stuff are in great shape.

Childrens Place
Old Navy
Gap
Carters / Osh Kosh
Janie & Jack
Nautica
Macys
Century 21

I'm sure there are more. Ill check some labels and post more when I get a chance.

Good luck and B'shaa Tova

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:34 pm
I like gap. They have cute stuff and it washes well. And they took back anything I had a problem with.

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:38 pm
For newborns I stick with Carters!

mamommommy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 8:12 pm
I agree that Carters infant clothing is great. Most of the things that I have from them made it through about 4 babies.

The Children's Place made it through 2-3, the prices are great (and they always have coupons).

Some Old Navy stuff lasted for 2-3 and some only made it through one.

GAP stuff (of which I own very little) made it through 3-4 kids so it might be worthwhile to pay more if you really have in mind to use it again.

I also have some Target stuff which made it through 1-3 kids (depended on the item and the kids), and it's cheap.

Babies-R-Us also has cheap stuff, but not all of it lasted well at all (similar to Target).

I also have a whole hodge-podge of other brands and some were great, and some were garbage.

MommytoB

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 9:30 pm
Our GAP clothes have made it through 3 kids and a couple of cousins.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 8:13 am
I find Carters one pieces are the best for newborns. You can find them at the Carter's website, Target, Walmart, etc. Its the end of the season so you should be able to get better deals. [If getting from Amazon sign up for Amazon Mom, their diapers are the cheapest by far, and you get free shipping on almost anything you order, regardless of the price, its great for getting anything you need delivered when you don't want to run out with a newborn]
My Carter's items were worn by 2 boys, and all onsies by all 3 of my kids.
I like Carter's onsies and recieving blankets much better then Gerber.
Carter's has 2 types of recieving blankets - one is thin with just hemmed edges, almost like a nicer cloth diaper (they are good for burp cloths) but they have a much nicer recieving blanket that is great to have for swaddling, covering, etc.
[For a newborn get things that have feet attached, socks are almost impossible to have stay on]

Childrens place and old navy last me pretty well (most my second son is now wearing) but I don't really like their newborn clothing so much. Its more cutesy and not so practical. It is fun to get one or 2 pieces.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 8:24 am
Macy's also has a line of Little Me baby products that are adorable, and they also have nice receiving blankets.

[Just make sure whatever you get is easy to wash, someone got me European stretchies that had to be line dryed, I was so frazzled one day they all ended up in the dryer and shrunk to even teenier tiny]

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 11:47 am
Carter's definitely! Some of my secondhand Carters clothes have been through two babies and they'll still be fine for the next one to wear.

Also, look for coupon codes! Here's one where you get 20% off if you're spending $50 or more.

http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/carters/

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 11:59 am
I'm a gymboree fan. Every season I buy DD clothes during their promotion for gymbucks. I always use a 20% coupon - if you order their baby gift boxes which are free, they come with those coupons. I always buy the sale items too so I get my max value - I never pay full price.

Then the next season, I get 1/2 off when I redeem the gymbucks.

I find that their clothes are very durable. I pass it on to a cousin who is happy to take it.

happymom1836

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 3:33 pm
if lands end is is on sale it is great quality. Sears has good stuff too and both have unlimited warranties (sears does on their TKS brand only). Land end will take stuff back always for any reason (not to tell you to abuse this service but they do stand by their products). YOu can skip the 0-3 size and put the baby in 3-6 months they will be very big but unless you have a teeny baby, they grow out of 0-3 fast and the legs are always too big anyway and then you can layer if you have a winter baby. bshaa tova!

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 4:04 pm
So I personally noticed that in the last few months the Carter's quality for certain items dropped DRASTICALLY. The fleece things are still made well and stay in great condition, but I bought a 100% cotton sleeper (it had a silky feel) and after 2 washes it looked like it had been through 6 kids!
I really really like the Children's Place things. They frequently have coupons online/in the mail.

Also, I purchased a number of items in 'lots' on Ebay. There are many people who have their 1 boy and 1 girl and then they get rid of all the children's clothes. I purchased DD many dresses for Shabbos online that were made worn 1 or 2x for a picture, and then never worn again.

mamommommy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 4:54 pm
happymom1836 wrote:
if lands end is is on sale it is great quality. Sears has good stuff too and both have unlimited warranties (sears does on their TKS brand only). Land end will take stuff back always for any reason (not to tell you to abuse this service but they do stand by their products). YOu can skip the 0-3 size and put the baby in 3-6 months they will be very big but unless you have a teeny baby, they grow out of 0-3 fast and the legs are always too big anyway and then you can layer if you have a winter baby. bshaa tova!

Lands End barely makes any infant styles anymore. I was so upset when they stopped because their stuff ( and their return policy) is really great!!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:01 pm
Best places online and in store to buy newborn clothes. Looking for short sleeve one piece unfooted stretchies that would be good for summer. Gap, Target, Macys. Century.Where is the best place to shop and where online. Looking for Carter type clothes.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:10 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm a gymboree fan. Every season I buy DD clothes during their promotion for gymbucks. I always use a 20% coupon - if you order their baby gift boxes which are free, they come with those coupons. I always buy the sale items too so I get my max value - I never pay full price.

Then the next season, I get 1/2 off when I redeem the gymbucks.

I find that their clothes are very durable. I pass it on to a cousin who is happy to take it.

I thought gymboree closed down! Whats their website?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:12 pm
Tottini
Kidichic
Next
Burlington
You can sometimes find on amazon
Every jewish store is having sales now but itll be hard to find sizes

aliavi

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:13 pm
Look for some nightgown styles instead of the button up or zippered legs for night diaper changes. Carters has sometimes.

ETA: I think maybe Wal-Mart is selling Carters possibly. Something like that is coming to mind.

Last edited by aliavi on Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:13 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I thought gymboree closed down! Whats their website?

Lol! Poster above bumped up an 8 year old thread!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics