Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
ISO salad to serve with salmon- not angel hair

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:37 am
I want to serve salmon on top of salad, individual plates, for app for fri nite meal. I see a lot of recipes here for angel hair pasta salad. but I'm also making (beef?) lo mein so I'm looking for a different salad. I also need to know how to do the servings. do you bake the salmon reg and then cut it or cut it first? do you put a big slice of salmon on top of the salad or do you cube it? I'm not sure also, bec my hsuband said I need to ensure that e/ person gets a lot of salmon, which I noticed doesn't necessarily happen with these individual plate serving things.

sunshine!

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:39 am
This was posted on imamother before but it is an absolute favorite here and worth posting again

Salad with Breaded Salmon Cubes:

Marinade: (make a double batch of the marinade & put 1/2 of it aside to use as salad dressing)
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil (I reduce the oil)
2 T. lemon juice

Cut salmon into cubes & marinate in the marinade. Dip the salmon cubes in cornflake crumbs, spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet, spray with pam, & bake at 350 or 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Make a lettuce based vegetable salad with veggies of your choice. Top with cooled salmon cubes & drizzle with honey mustard dressing. The salmon is especially delicious if served pretty soon after you bake it, rather than refrigerating it & using it later.

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:42 am
The Quick and Kosher cookbook has a warm pepper salad that can be combined with salmon chunks.

When I buy the fish, I ask for fillet, skinned and cubed.

suzyq

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:47 am
Ceasar salad is always good with salmon.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:48 am
I was going to suggest greeneyes recipe that suzyq posted.

Also the Asian barbecue salmon salad from KBD.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....asian

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:52 am
thanks for the tip maya!
I like that recipe sunshine. but I must be on drugs bec as I read it, it seemed familiar and I checked my papers, and lo and behold, I had seen it yesterday on imamother and printed it out. I completely forgot, lol. thanks again! I'm def using it! very excited!

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:53 am
sunshine! wrote:
This was posted on imamother before but it is an absolute favorite here and worth posting again

Salad with Breaded Salmon Cubes:

Marinade: (make a double batch of the marinade & put 1/2 of it aside to use as salad dressing)
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil (I reduce the oil)
2 T. lemon juice

Cut salmon into cubes & marinate in the marinade. Dip the salmon cubes in cornflake crumbs, spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet, spray with pam, & bake at 350 or 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Make a lettuce based vegetable salad with veggies of your choice. Top with cooled salmon cubes & drizzle with honey mustard dressing. The salmon is especially delicious if served pretty soon after you bake it, rather than refrigerating it & using it later.

This recipe is great. I highly recommend preparing the salmon any time on Friday, but baking it right before shabbos. It is much better when it is fresh and hasn't been refrigerated after baking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics