Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO Salmon recipe without orange juice

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:05 pm
Anyone have one? I would prefer one that bakes in oven as opposed to one on the stove.

Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:20 pm
why not search here? why would you specify no oj, of all things ?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:28 pm
None of my salmon recipes have orange juice in them.
Would you like recipes for asian barbecue salmon, salmon teriyaki, salmon with Dijon dipping sauce, lemon dill salmon... you can make honey mustard, honey soy sauce...

MrsMortgage

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:30 pm
Teriyaki salmon is great. I have never made any type of fish with orange juice. Do people use it as a substitute for lemon??

OldYoung

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:30 pm
Gosh, there are so many!

Here are my favorites-

Teriyaki Salmon

2 T teriyaki sauce
2 T ketchup
2 T brown sugar
4 slices of salmon

Mix first three ingredients and marinate salmon for a half hour. Bake at 350, uncovered for 20-30 minutes. (You can broil it a bit at the end.)

Salmon from Asian Barbeque Salmon Salad

1 1/4 lb salmon
1/2 c barbeque sauce
2 t teriyaki sauce
3 t toasted sesame oil
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t wasabi powder

Cut the salmon into cubes (or fillets). Mix bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and wasabi powder (I always leave it out) and coat salmon with mix. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (or less, if baking cubed salmon).

"Montreal" Salmon Salad

salmon steaks
McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
greens
red and yellow peppers, diced
red onion, diced
grape tomatoes, halved

equal amounts of honey, mustard and mayonnaise

Sprinkle salmon generously with McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning and broil for 12-15 minutes. After salmon has cooled completely, cut into cubes. Layer greens, peppers, onion, tomatoes and salmon cubes on a plate. Drizzle with dressing.

Maple Salmon

1/4 c maple syrup
2 T soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t garlic salt
1/8 t pepper
1 pound salmon

Mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes.

Q&K also has a great recipe- Chilled Salmon with Dijon Dipping Sauce.

zipporah

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:38 pm
DH makes a brown sugar and mustard baked salmon that is amazing!

He won't write down a recipe, but based on what I've seen him add, this is pretty close (He doesn't use lemon juice, and I think he uses soy sauce):

Rachel Ray Mustard and Brown Sugar Salmon

Ingredients:

* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* Juice of 1/2 lemon
* Salt and pepper
* Four 7-ounce salmon fillets
* 2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

2. Heat a large, ovenproof skillet over high heat. Rub the salmon with the oil, season with salt and pepper and place skin side up in the skillet. Cook until a crisp brown crust forms, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, flip the salmon and coat with the brown sugar mixture. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the glaze caramelizes and the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 9:29 pm
I do lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, and parsley...layer with slices of lemon wrap in parchment or foil and bake...like 350 for 20 mins or till flakey.

mama mia 123

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:07 pm
quote-Teriyaki Salmon

2 T teriyaki sauce
2 T ketchup
2 T brown sugar
4 slices of salmon

Mix first three ingredients and marinate salmon for a half hour. Bake at 350, uncovered for 20-30 minutes. (You can broil it a bit at the end.)-quote

whats the point in broiling it??

de_goldy

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:42 pm
I marinate the salmon in lemon juice and minced garlic, lay salmon on a cookie sheet, pour some of the mixture over, then broil until the top is starting to blacken.

crush

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 11:45 pm
I'm so confused. I've never heard of a salmon recipe with orange juice. None of my salmon recipes have orange juice. I can post them all if you want...

Falafel

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 12:22 am
my absolute fave

(just eye the measurements):
honey
mustard
garlic powder
soy sauce

cookielady

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 12:28 am
Easy moist and easy.

Spread mayo all over salmon, then squeeze lemon juice over the coated fish. Sprinle well with bread crumbs.

Bake at 375 for around thirty min, could need more time for a bigger piece of fish.w

greeneyes

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 9:50 am
One of my favorite salmon recipes:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/B......aspx

(Here are the changes I make to the recipe: I use less olive oil, I use 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh, I bake the salmon in the pyrex dish I marinate it in - I don't bother making a foil pouch)

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 10:17 am
Hi all. Thanks so much for ur responses. My mothers favorite recipe has orange juice so I just assumed most do. Btw, its amazing if you want to try it.

1/2 c Teriyaki sauce
1/2 c Orange juice
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake for abt 23 minutes.

Anyways, I didnt have orange juice in my house so I said dont give me one with orange juice.... Smile

And the winner is........ Zippora! I used Rachel Ray's recipe. We'll see how that turns out.

Thanks again!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 10:28 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
Hi all. Thanks so much for ur responses. My mothers favorite recipe has orange juice so I just assumed most do. Btw, its amazing if you want to try it.

1/2 c Teriyaki sauce
1/2 c Orange juice
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake for abt 23 minutes.

Anyways, I didnt have orange juice in my house so I said dont give me one with orange juice.... Smile

And the winner is........ Zippora! I used Rachel Ray's recipe. We'll see how that turns out.

Thanks again!

I make that same recipe, but it also has 1/2 c. ketchup in it. And, I've made it numerous time when I didn't have OJ, just substituting either lemon juice or apple juice. Came out fine.

Mevater

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:06 am
Any other crowd-pleasing recipes for Baked Salmon?

tia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics