Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I'm looking for the needle in the haystack
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 12:15 am
I am trying to find a certain soap that, I think, is made of lemon or some other fruit. I bought it once by the traveling shopping mall, at the Imperial ballroom in Williamsburg. The saleslady said that it's supposed to be very good at clearing teenage pimples. I didn't put to much hope into it, but I decided to try it anyways, since it wasn't to expensive. Bottom line is that it worked like magic. The pimples disappeared almost instantly, and didn't show up again. My DD used this bar of soap for almost a year, but now it is gone. Since she finished the bar 4 days ago, the pimples are all back again. The problem is that I do not know where to find this soap. Have I known that it would work so well I would of taken a number or some other reference, to be able to contact her again when I'll be in the need for a new one. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? or does anyone know of someone, I think in Flatbush, that is selling all kind of soaps made of fruit, also some very nice decorative soaps in the shape of fruit or candy? Please let me know.

Sorry for being anon, but I asked half a world about it already.

yitta25

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 12:48 am
I remember seeing an article in one of the jewish magazines (may have been hamodia or one of those) of a couple that left the jewelry business and opened a soap business. They made soap baskets, fruit shaped soap, natural anti lice shampoos, etc. Maybe someone else remembers more details...If I recall correctly, they may have a website.

queen

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 1:49 am
it was in the mishpacha specialty magazine. Maybe Sukkos time?

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:01 am
there is a lady Treitel that lives in Flatbush and makes homemade soaps. I think her name is Malky Treitel, she was interviewed by Mishpacha or one of these magazines. they mentioned a website....

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 8:49 am
Thanks yitta, queen, and bnm. You all seem to speak of the same person. Now, how do I get hold of her? Does anyone know a number of her? I tried googling, but all I got was my own post in imamother!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 9:35 pm
Does anyone know how I can contact Malky Treitel. Any other information on this lemon soap would be greatly appreciated.

Luvinglife

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 9:50 pm
The name morning glory rings a bell.
I will google it.

Luvinglife

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 9:58 pm
I think that this is it;
MORNING GLORY SOAPS

1639 East 4th Street
BROOKLYN, N.Y., NY 11230
(718) 375-5045

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:05 pm
which bar did you say was good for teenage pimples? I looked at the sight and if you say it works its worth a shot (definitely cheaper then the dermatologist).

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 11:39 pm
Thank you dveibel, for taking the effort to help me in my search, but this is not the store I meant. I don't see the soap I had. Anyone else?

bnm

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
Thank you dveibel, for taking the effort to help me in my search, but this is not the store I meant. I don't see the soap I had. Anyone else?

I know her DIL and was going to call her but she had a baby today! If I go visit her in the hospital tomorrow I'll get their number.

Luvinglife

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:30 am
I don't know what website you tried that I referred you to when all I sent you was an address and number.
So to make my mitzvah complete, I searched on google maps, matched the address to a website and EUREKA www.mgisoaps.com has THE lemon soap!
That'll be a ten dollar charge for the use of my valuable time ;-)

pina colada

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 1:25 am
please share if this is the soap your daughter has used

http://www.mgisoaps.com/Lemon-.....Id=-1

amother

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 1:28 am
Thank you, dveibel. I found it! You were right! I googled Morning Glory Soaps and got to this page. I'm so glad you took the time to help me. It's ten dollars well spent. Very Happy

bnm, thank you too, for the effort.

Amother, this is the one I meant. It's worth trying it.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 1:35 am
pina colada, I just realized your post. This one

amother

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 3:21 pm
Thanks again, dveibel and the rest of you. I have my lemongrass soaps already. I should of asked for commission on all the imamother sales she'll receive.

multitask

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 5:30 pm
Does it work well for any acne? I am way over teenage but still struggle with bad pimples and spend big money on all kinds of creams that dont realy help. This is realy cheap and if this may help I would give it a try.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 12:02 pm
multitask, I can't answer your question, since I only experienced it with my teenage daughter, but I think it won't her trying it.

Mkay

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 12:50 pm
Thanks for the post. I ordered one as well!

rivkeah

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 1:06 pm
I dont see any lemon grass soaps on the website? only lemonsage or lemon poppyseed. which one did you order?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children