Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why is she busy with kids non stop?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 3:16 am
Quote:
when I get that annoying phone call from uninvited guests who calls and says "I'll be there in 30 seconds!" I simply get out my carpet sweeper (you know, the vaccuum thats not electric) and sanitizing wipes.
everything is clean and fresh-smelling within 30 seconds.

That too Very Happy

Also micki I have found if you rearange a room somewhat it can appear tidier even when it's not. e.g. I had the kids bookcase for the little ones facing an entranceway of my family room and it bothered me since my 4 yr old nor 2 yr old twins put their stuff back on it how I put it. So I changed it's location that it is still in the family room still accesible to them but it doesn't stare at me nor others straight in the face and I don't care now how they put it back as long as they do. And the room looks way neater 8)

I have done that to enlarge a room and make it more practical too. It is easy just requires imagination and moving stuff to get a feel how it looks.

My kitchen looks way neater even on busy fridays then it actually is, just by how I have reorganized my preparing surfaces etc.

I have seemingly enlarged my kids rooms just by moving furniture around.

My kids when they come home their schoolbags go a) upstairs or b) in a closet. coats they hang up incl my two yr olds Tongue Out in well positioned hooks in a conveniant though not stare it in the face place.

Mail I have a mantlepeice with a mirror by my front door so I invested in a elegant container (from a gargage sale, u would never know) that holds mail, and paper stuff till we get to reading it. This way it's easily accesible but not messy.

I have hanging in a closet on a board whatever forms reciepts I need to fill out of keep but atleast out of the way but not too that I can forget about it.

I have got in my dining room now elegant hooks for my sons when they take off their hats, since I'm fed up of five or more hats on the dining room table, couch etc so even if nothibng is hanging it looks ornamental.

Also when ever I shop cheapo me Twisted Evil I always keep in mind does this serve more then one purpose . Tongue Out

Now could someone give me advice what do I do when one twin hits my 4yr old and the other feels they must join in come what may.Help One spills juice from their cup by mistake well the other has to join in Help :
One who was originally satisfied with a broken cookie starts crying if the other one is not satisfied they too have to have a whole cookie Help

micki

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 11:10 am
well I was motivated! I put the baby in her own room, moved a dresser into the girls, now they have a bookcase so the one that was overflowing downstairs is not flowing no more.
I also got rid of a train table in the playroom that was used as a ...storage table.
it always loked swful. now there is more floor space and I covered all the tubs of lego, block, lincoln logs, dishes, and little peopel. this wasy thye get it- they have to put one away forst.
definitly an improvement!
now if only I could stretch my kitchen, and have more cabinet space that would be nice.

faigie

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 11:13 am
the only way I know of to make room in my kitchen.. is to DUMP DUMP DUMP stuff I dont use........even if it hurts......

momof6

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 7:35 pm
why ?if u loved your kids u would try to make a semi decent clean house for them. and have supper ready when they walk in the door every night.

I dont get u ladies who dont work. and still cant have a clean house and clean laundery and kid who are not hungry all the time.[/quote]

Wow that's mean!! Get off your high horse everyone has their chalanges. I work too and sometimes it is easier than being home. in some ways, one being a built in schedule.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 9:14 pm
Cheers way to go micki
See I am hopeless at throwing stuff away I collect everything..... almost otherwise I sell or donate it . I have/had a walk in closet for that very purpose that officially only I have access too Tongue Out

raizy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 9:45 pm
momof6 I didnt say the laundry has to be packed away. ijust said it has to be clean.

I didnt say the house has to be a museum it just has to be clean enough that nothing that rots or juices or pretzels cookies. are on the floor.

I just meant that at the end of the day. sweep everything in site in one huge pile and try to get rid of all the junk. or sweep everything into a basket and deal with it the next day.

I did say kids deserve some sort of supper when they come home from school at night.

I did say that some pple have their pirotietis all wrong. kids dont need to be in the park all day long. they can sometimes play outside and be just as happy.

I did mean that shabbos should not be a takeout affiare but a cooked one. (it can happen for some odd reason that shaboos meal should be bought but please every single week. )

I never said iron your shirts or anything else. I didnt iron since my 3rd kid come on the scene.

professor

Post Mon, Sep 25 2006, 11:17 pm
ok first of all, I haveto tell you that I now have my 5th and am less busy than I was with 4 or even 3! si I don't know what u r talking about! you know what I am doing now? my colicky newborn is crying and I am holding him and writing at the same time!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 8:56 am
Quote:
dont get u ladies who dont work. and still cant have a clean house and clean laundery and kid who are not hungry all the time.

[/quote]

staying home is aloy of work believe it or not. yes one should have supper and a clean house but please,

JRKmommy

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 12:23 pm
raizy wrote:
micki u said it better then me. I also bath 5 kids FAST!! I first put the baby in then I pass the baby to my hubby . then the next 3 kids all jump in at the same time. then when they come out . my oldest has a shower. so yes I can bath and dress five kids in 15 mintes.

yes sometime they have long showers and baths but othertimes it quick.!!!!!

I also have 5 kids under the age of 6.5 some days are harder then others but please. some ladies have time for everything except a clean house. and a warm and hot cooked supper meal. they are out running around playing in the park and at 7 p.m. they come home the kids are straving to dead. then they start to make supper then. (I have living proof of this one my friend those that every single day of the year.

why ?if u loved your kids u would try to make a semi decent clean house for them. and have supper ready when they walk in the door every night.

I work all day and I still have supper ready at 5:00 p.m every night. sometimes we eat later but that is o.k. supper is ready adn waiting.

I dont get u ladies who dont work. and still cant have a clean house and clean laundery and kid who are not hungry all the time.

I was about to joke that I must be Raizy's friend - but I don't live in a climate where we can go to the park every day of the year, and I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who thought my messy house indicated that my kids were unloved.

Cleaning? Well, I have help now, but when I was home my basic priorities were:

- ensure no bugs or food poisoning by putting away perishables and occasionally cleaning kitchen

- feed kids with something other than complete junk (I don't bother making anything too fancy except for Shabbos b/c they won't eat it, and I've been known to allow them to have cereal for dinner)

- wash anything that been puked on or pooed in, and get the other laundry done before kids run out of undies

- try to shove enough junk to the side to make a clear pathway through the halls, so no one breaks their neck

The only person I know that's worse at housecleaning than me is dh.

However - we're pretty good at loving our kids and playing in the park. I do much more home cooking now (my cooking is better than my cleaning), but we used to eat on the run all the time, and it worked for us. My personal feeling was that I didn't leave a busy law practice to scrub toilets all day - I did it to be with my kids.

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 12:48 pm
Quote:
My personal feeling was that I didn't leave a busy law practice to scrub toilets all day - I did it to be with my kids.

Cheers Salut
very impressive!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics