Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Help me with my mac n' cheese
Previous  1  2

Teomima

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:49 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Thank you so much! I actually added the cheese first to the butter/milk, stirred until it melted and looked like it was a thick sauce, so I added the noodles and then the cheese all clumped…

Might have been too much cheese. If you make a good sauce base, that covers a lot of the richness, creaminess, and saltiness. You need just enough cheese to make it a little extra gooey and to give the cheesy flavor. Sauces with lots of cheese are best if you plan on then baking the mac and cheese (topped with extra cheese and buttered breadcrumbs...yum!)

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:50 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Thank you so much! I actually added the cheese first to the butter/milk, stirred until it melted and looked like it was a thick sauce, so I added the noodles and then the cheese all clumped…

Maybe the noodles were not warm enough, and caused a sudden change in the temperature of the sauce, which led to the clumping?

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:11 pm
Thank you for the tips!

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:18 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I’m having the same issue as the OP. Tried making macaroni and cheese in a pot and it came out super clumpy. Used cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cheese melted but kept sticking to the spoon and not going around onto the pasta. Any advice? TIA!

A couple of things I've learnt over the years:
1. Don't rinse the pasta after cooking , it needs to be starchy for the cheese to stick.
2. The sauce doesn't need to be thick, a little watery is ok. After mixing the sauce and pasta, let it sit covered for a few min and then mix again.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals