Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Is this healthy?

besimcha

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 6:29 am
I am trying to lose weight and have B"H lost some. My life is a bit hectic at the moment, we just moved and I haven't set up the kitchen yet and thus can't cook, and I have a lot to do and little time to eat.
What I do is have yogurt and a peach for breakfast, whole bread with white cheese for lunch and usually watermelon or other fruit in the evening. I walk a lot, at least an hour a day, and drink lots of water as it's hot over here. I don't feel hungry, but if you look at the figures, I guess I do eat a bit too little. Now I am afraid of the yoyo-effect, I don't want to gain back!! (Yes, I do realize that I should have some more veggies and more variety in my diet, and BE"H I am going to cook a good healthy dinner once I have a kitchen.) All of you nutrition experts, do you think it's okay what I'm doing?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 6:51 am
you need vegetbles and fiber. you can eat cereal and baggy salads too.

besimcha

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 7:55 am
Yes, you're right - and I will soon, bli neder. I usually eat oatmeal for fiber but can't cook any right now and it's impractical to buy cold cereal for various reasons, and I takeh should eat more vegetables.. I sometimes have cucumber with my lunch, does that count? My question is, if I eat this way for now, will I gain back all the weight? I am losing like a kilo per week, nothing too dramatic. And I eat everything in appropriate portions on Shabbos.

ceo

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 5:30 pm
A good rule : Don't do anything to lose weight that you wouldn't want to do to maintain your goal weight.

If you want to continue to eat like this the rest of your life, fine, but if not, you will most likely gain back weight. This is for example, a similar problem that a lot of ppl have with South Beach Diet and things like that- it's great to lose weight, but unless you want to continue like that, you will most likely gain back at least some of the weight.

Sparkle

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 6:23 pm
Things look fine until dinner. Just watermelon? That's not healthy...

lubcoralsprings

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 6:32 pm
It depends on how much you have to lose. I'm relatively thin, 5"9 140 and if I want to diet I have to eat very little. As it is I only eat around 1800 calories a day so if I diet that means eating around 1300-1500.

yoyosma

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 7:44 pm
Protein is key. You MUST add protein to your diet. It keeps you fuller longer, and its better for you than useless carbs.
If you need portable food, the dairy you are eating is good, but add things like canned chickpeas, beans, tuna fish, lox and see if you can get something to grill chicken on, ie a George Forman grill.
You sound like you are eating way too little, and remember, if you eat less than you should, your body goes into survival mode and keeps any "excess" weight around, so you will NOT lose weight, or if you do, the second you eat a proper dinner, it will all come back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise