Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
The spirited child-Book

abound

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:26 pm
My son's play therapist recommended I read a book "The spirited child", I have found lots of versions of it. Any idea which one is "the" book.
TIA

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:52 pm
Mary Sheedy Kurcinka wrote the one my dr. recommended. He actually xeroxed a whole chapter for me once!

grace413

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 5:11 pm
Yes, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka.

This is without a doubt the best, most helpful child rearing book I have ever read. I found it extremely insightful, full of practical solutions for a variety of issues and filled with acceptance for every kind of child.

I've read several book which explain what temperment is and how to understand what temperment your child has, but this books explains it more clearly than anything else.

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 6:01 pm
Not sure which your therapist meant, but I know someone who reeeeally likes "Raising Your Spirited Child." Do a search on Amazon.

abound

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:32 am
That is my question, is "raising your spirited child" the book my therapist recommended when she said to get "the spirited child"?
TIA

amother

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:03 pm
yes that is the one. there is only one spirited child book. this author created the label spirited child.
and I agree that its a fantastic book, and changed the way I parent my kids.

there are different editions of the same book. so you will see copies from the 90s and some editions more recent. you can get any edition but the later editions also include a foreword about the overwhelming positive response to the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)