Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you (or someone else) take out the trash?
1  2  Next

How often does your trash bag get up and out, out of the trashcan?
Every single day (and I'm sick of so much garbage!)  
 66%  [ 26 ]
Every other day (whew, the smell)  
 20%  [ 8 ]
Almost never, we have a trash compactor  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other, explain below  
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 39

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 10:27 pm

shayna82

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 10:28 pm
my husband does every monday night for trash night.

Frumom

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 10:43 pm
other- whenever we have a full bag.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 10:56 pm
I asked dh, he says once or twice a day.

pinktichel

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 10:58 pm
atleast once a day, and it's only myself and dh!!

lubcoralsprings

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 11:08 pm
At least four times on erev shabbos because I use so many aluminum pans.

su7kids

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 11:32 pm
other -- whenever necessary. I have a 33 gallon garbage can inside the kitchen. The reason being that when my kids were small and used to pull themselves up to the garbage can, they would eat out of it, so I got the can taller than them.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 12:08 am
That privilidge I leave to the males in my home....... and if I might say so they r pretty good about it. Smile

raizy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 11:54 pm
me too tefila. unless he is out of town it his job.I can not stand the smell of garbage.

mirisimma

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:13 am
we live in apt with garbage shoot few feet from door. I can plop the dirty diapers after I change miri! (I consider that a little pleasure I'm allowed to show off)

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:23 am
My family generates so much garbage, we can probably fill an entire landfill!! I can't understand why, but we need to empty several times a day. Actually, our garbage cans in the kitchen ARE quite small - 8-9 gallon capacity can under each sink cabinet, holding a 13-gal. capacity garbage bag.
Just for laughs: I once asked my son with Down syndrome to please take the trash out to the garbage area outside. He shrugged and retorted:"But I said 'Shelo Usani Uved' this morning." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

mirisimma

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 9:39 am
lol! cant believe he said that Rolling Laughter

batya_d

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:13 pm
DH takes out the kitchen garbage every night. Bathroom garbage-- only when it's about to explode!!! embarrassed

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:01 pm
DH takes out the garbage every few days, or more often as needed. The bathroom garbages he empties every friday.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 4:28 pm
Friday morning I take all the room garbages to the kitchen to fill up the bag. I would hate to leave stinking bathroom garbage over Shabbos.....

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 7:55 pm
Depends. some weeks my garbage is fuller then others. s/times I need to change it twice a week, s/times once in 3 weeks..
I don't eat at home really, all I have is some papers, some paper bowls and disposable cutlery and my mail that is garbage..
if it's at night I put it at the door and take it out to the street on my way to work.

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:23 am
As necessary. At the moment we don't have a proper bin in the kitchen, so it's usually every other day. If we're having company and I'm cooking for Shabbat it will probably be twice on Friday. I don't use disposable ("chad p'ami") in my kitchen, but somehow it all still accumulates. The diapers get taken out when we remember (or when the odour becomes overwhelming).

miriam

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:30 am
In my house, dirty diapers get thrown out in the outside trash bin. I think this drives some of our guests crazy but it keeps our house odor free. Our guests are really good sports about it.

de_goldy

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 10:01 am
SevenSenses wrote:
Depends. some weeks my garbage is fuller then others. s/times I need to change it twice a week, s/times once in 3 weeks..
I don't eat at home really, all I have is some papers, some paper bowls and disposable cutlery and my mail that is garbage..
if it's at night I put it at the door and take it out to the street on my way to work.

Once in three weeks??? shock

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 10:04 am
Nappies and the kitchen rubbish bin bag get thrown outside at least once a day. Then my dh takes the outside bin to the main road every Tuesday night for the rubbish collections on Wednesday morning. He brings it back for me in the evening when it is empty.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics