Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Organizing clothes

suomynona

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 4:16 pm
Looking for tips on how to organize and store the clothes that my baby grows out of in the best way possible so that -

1. it doesn't take up too much room
2. when I need them again, iy"h, I'll be able to easily figure out what I have and where to find it.

chen

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 11:27 am
Boxes numbered in sequence and labeled on the outside "0-12 months, 12-24 months, boys 2T-3T summer, girls 2T-3T winter" and so on. Box shape depending on where you're going to stash it: under beds, on a closet shelf, etc. Label on all 4 sides and on top so no matter which way you shove it into the space the label is visible. You can also cut a window in the side and cover with clear acetate (from a baked-goods box or from a report cover) or other clear plastic so you can see what's inside. Boxes from copier paper are ideal because they have lids and can stack nicely.

Have a separate notebook in which you list details: Box #1: 6 white shirts, 4 prs. dark pants, 3 sweaters. Box # 2: 12 onesies, 12 stretchies, 6 pr. sox.

Or you can use those clear plastic zippered square or rectangular "sweater bags" (sometimes you buy blankets or sheet sets in them), which have the advantage of being squeezable into odd spaces.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics