Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel Macher for buying a new sheitel

simchatomid

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:45 pm
Woohoo! Smile It's finally my turn for a new sheitel (first time since getting married - almost 6 years ago :-) ) and I'm so excited - I think I read every single thread on imamother about sheitels and feel like a have a pretty good understanding about the different brands/what to look for (thank you to all of you for that!).

From the many many posts that all of you so generously wrote it seems that getting a good/honest sheitel macher is key. So I'm looking for someone good in the brooklyn/queens area that's known to stand behind their pieces and is generally helpful and understanding to the sometimes confused buyer Smile

[For some background, I'm medium brown color and looking to spend about 1500 - slightly more if it will really make a difference in quality]

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!

(I've seen the name Lele Chopp several times on this forum - anyone know if she fits into the above categories? Whats brands does she sell?)

simchatomid

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 4:53 am
Anyone, please? I really believe that a lot of imamothers could benefit from this information ~

Thank you!

SimchaSays

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 3:43 pm
there is someone in brooklyn who sells and cuts shaitels. She is very choosy, and she will not sell you quality she herself wouldnt wear, but she will work with you on price. also, I'm pretty sure the first cut is included in the price. Its worth calling. Her name is Bassy 718 377 3012

OOTsheitels

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 3:50 pm
Lauren Eisenberg (718) 692-4778

bwaybabe85

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 4:08 pm
Ruchama Weinreb 718-338-1985

kb

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 4:34 pm
I second Ruchama Weinreb - she'll let you come back 1,000 times until you're totally satisfied with the cut, she's not out for the sale - she really truly wants you to be happy. And she tells you the truth, not a sales pitch. I got my shaitels cut by her, and a year after I got married I went back to her and she totally recut it - for free!

speaks the truth

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 9:02 pm
I third ruchama. she is the sweetest. I went back to her two and a half years after I bought my shevy from her, telling her in passing that I wasnt so happy with the cut and she told me to come back tomorrow with it and she recut it for free!!!!

chanasmom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 6:36 pm
I just bought a sheitel from Tori Wigs, in Flatbush, Ave P and Nostrand. First one in 11 years. Loved the owners, felt like I can trust them from the second I met them. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with them. It is new, so it hasn't had a chance to stand up to the test of time, but I have gotten so many compliments already. They are on Facebook, you can find out more from their customers who post on their wall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels