Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Highchairs!!!???
1  2  Next

Bebe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 7:21 pm
I need a highchair for my 7 1/2 month old and I dont know which one to get. I want one that is not too expensive but also easy to clean and not too big. My kitchen is quite small. Any of you moms have any advice??? THANKS

red sea

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 7:50 pm
easy to clean = no white plastic except tray And a tray with a snap on insert.

heres a full high chair thats a space saver, or u can get one that folds but I really cant see folding it each time,

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-P.....ducts

eddie bauer makes an interesting wooden one with padding and reg tray that supposed to have a smaller footprint, but I havent seen in person,

I like to check epinion.com reviews before buying too.

Last edited by red sea on Tue, Sep 12 2006, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Esther01

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 7:55 pm
get the one with out any cushions at all. I have that one ( l looked all over the high chair for the name and can't find it) it's compact and is very easy to clean. the seat is gray and the tray is white. if a see a name I'll let you know.

melalyse

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 10:53 pm
I have Fisher-Price Healthy Care and I like it a lot.

nicole81

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 11:19 pm
if your baby is already 7.5 months and sitting up unassisted, you can probably just get a booster seat. this is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-P.....DEW8N

it takes up no extra space, you just pop it onto a regular chair.

mother48

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 8:51 am
it's not small, but folds compact.
I have the peg perego primma pappa. it's easy to clean (leatherrette) and has two trays and is dishwasher safe.

it reclines and is very comfy for kid.

Chanie

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 10:14 am
mother48 wrote:
it's not small, but folds compact.
I have the peg perego primma pappa. it's easy to clean (leatherrette) and has two trays and is dishwasher safe.

it reclines and is very comfy for kid.

and you forgot to add that it also rocks. I almost bought it, but changed my mind at the last minute (for space reasons)

raizy

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 5:25 am
prima pappa is very beatyful but a huge lumaic. meaning to say it is huge and takes up alot of space. I have a prince castel and I am very happy with it . I have it for five kids allready. and u can buy an extra tray if u want. allot of pple have the high hair that I have.

realeez

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 9:07 am
I put my baby dd into a booster seat (same one linked above) but the problem is that if she is too close to the table she pushes the table with her feet and almost knocked her whole chair over! We had a graco one that was HUGE and now we just bought a perego one that was marked down as it was the floor model - it's much narrower than the graco and it's really nice.

Marion

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 3:03 pm
I've been looking at a Chicco. I really want one that reclines and has the tray insert, and only Chicco and Peg have that. I can't affort the Peg...DS doesn't sit on his own yet. My SIL is happy with the Peg, but says it's impossible to clean...another friend has the Peg with a cloth cover and says it's much easier to clean that way.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 5:22 pm
arent babies who dont sit on thier own not ready for food? Confused I never understood why they have highchairs that recline, after all that small of a baby wouldnt eat yet I would think...

cutiemom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 7:52 pm
to the poster above - some people like to have a place to put the baby down when they are eating or in the kitchen so they use the reclining highchair as a type of baby seat. Sometimes people don't like to use the ones on the floor because of other kids around, etc.

I have a safety first booster that I bought for about 30-35 dollars. It does recline and it has two levels of height. I like it a lot. We didn't have so much space but we had more chairs available than we needed to use so that is why we decided on the booster. there are some similar ones that fold up very compactly - do a google search on infant booster seats if this idea works for you.

Marion

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
arent babies who dont sit on thier own not ready for food? Confused I never understood why they have highchairs that recline, after all that small of a baby wouldnt eat yet I would think...

Actually, my son is just over 7 months old, and doesn't sit yet. But he's DEFINITELY ready for food. And has been for longer than we've been giving it to him (we were trying to put it off until after we got back from chu'l, but he wouldn't have it and we started him on "solids" when we were in Toronto, just before he was 6 months).

We ended up getting a Baby Michel highchair today. It has all the features of the Chicco and Peg (reclining, folding, 2nd tray, adjustable height), but without the price tag (450 NIS instead of 619 or 729). It's a local Israeli brand though, and I don't know where you're located.

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 4:51 pm
melalyse wrote:
I have Fisher-Price Healthy Care and I like it a lot.

I have this one too-I am very happy with it so far.

Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 5:06 pm
I have a prima pappa and I absolutely HATE it. I find that it is impossible to clean. The food gets tuck everywhere and you have to unscrew it actually clean it properly. The material starts smelling after a while and you can't wash the padding in the washing machine. I would recommend the fisher price high chair it seems like a good choice.

shira

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 5:13 pm
Ruby wrote:
I have a prima pappa and I absolutely HATE it. I find that it is impossible to clean. The food gets tuck everywhere and you have to unscrew it actually clean it properly. The material starts smelling after a while and you can't wash the padding in the washing machine. I would recommend the fisher price high chair it seems like a good choice.

same here! I hate the prima pappa! I always dread pesach prep when I have to take out the tool box to sufficiently clean it. Not only dose my chshion smell but its also started to rip. I say go with NO CUSHION plastic chair. They don't need to feel like they are on a thrown in order to eat well.

raizy

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 8:25 pm
like I said before buy a prince castel and u wont regret it.

cip

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 8:56 pm
I also hate cleaning my peg. (leatherette). you need to shlep out the vaccume after every meal!! when I wanted the prince castle I was told they don't make them anymore Rolling Eyes but I'm sure you can still get it online.

raizy

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 9:47 pm
you can still get it in any store in ny.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 10:03 pm
Baby Trend has a gr8 highchair for $90, I got the $70 Graco and I keep wishing I would have spent $20 more, the seat reclines, it doesnt take up too much space, it has the tray insert and the seat pad is machine washable, MIL has this one and its gr8, much sturdier than my Graco too...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics