Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Badatz KF London--Is It a Good Hechsher?
Previous  1  2

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:40 am
nylon wrote:
I'll put it this way: I hold by a fairly typical MO level of kashrut, which is to say, I hold by most major hechsherim. I would have no problem eating KF and did so when I lived in the UK (I also hold by the LBD and didn't insist on Kedassia meat, if that helps you place me). I'd say KF is a little more stringent than the OU, and IME, is fairly well accepted in the UK though there are some people who don't accept it for meat. But that's a bit complicated and has to do with the general situation for meat in the UK.

I really couldn't compare it to Israel, but if I had to, I'd say above the level of regular rabbanut but not on chareidi Badatz level.

Last sentence - yes but there is a huge range in between you understand so that's why it's important to ask her own rabbinic authority whether it's a good hechsher for her.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:48 am
I personally know a number of the federation rabbonim with rabbi Zimmerman at the head. I eat anything under their hashgocho.

And we don’t eat regular rabbanut- it can’t be compared to that - it is way above!

All the hechsherim in the Uk are better than regular rabbanut.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen