Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Uch, Kosher L'Pesach food in stores already?

kitov

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 2:06 pm
I really like Mehadrin's fit n free yogurt, and I really do not like their kosher lepesach version of it.

Why is it being sold already? It's a month before pesach, and the regulars won't be back on the shelf before pesach shaini, giving me 2 months of this uchy yogurt, only because of 8 days of pesach!

If only they would have announced before hand when they are stopping production of the regulars, I would stock up until pesach. The expiration dates usually go for like 2 months.

At wits end

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 3:50 pm
Wow. I should have seen this coming, too.

nylon

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 7:57 pm
My regular supermarket had the Pesach aisle up a month ago. But not Pesach versions of regular products. Coke has come out earlier every year, it seems to me (I am one of the odd people who does not like the KLP version--I don't know why, I've had Mexican and European Coke made with sugar and it's fine, but something about the KLP one tastes 'off'.)

But in regular supermarkets, I've been in before the holiday ends, and the regular versions are all back. Bad luck if you run out of anything.

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 8:11 pm
kitov wrote:
I really like Mehadrin's fit n free yogurt, and I really do not like their kosher lepesach version of it.

Why is it being sold already? It's a month before pesach, and the regulars won't be back on the shelf before pesach shaini, giving me 2 months of this uchy yogurt, only because of 8 days of pesach!

If only they would have announced before hand when they are stopping production of the regulars, I would stock up until pesach. The expiration dates usually go for like 2 months.

At wits end

put it in your email calendar for next year, before purim they start on pesach stuff

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 8:13 pm
Probably for anyone who has already completely Pesach-cleaned her home and is eating only Pesachdik to keep the house chametz-free. Anyone like that in existence? LOL LOL

greeneyes

Post Wed, Mar 23 2011, 8:19 pm
This gets me annoyed every year... I wish they wouldn't do it so early!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen