Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
"Ya'alili" music video by 8th Day
1  2  Next

zelda malka

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 12:11 am
Catchy upbeat song and video, enoy!

workingmom3

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 12:13 am
love it!

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 3:23 am
what on earth do you like about it?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 5:01 am
ClaRivka wrote:
what on earth do you like about it?

The message, the music... it's great!

Tanz, tanz, tanz, habibi!

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 5:47 am
Music, the beat, the arrangement are quite nice, but isn't this a bit too... ...ethnic stereotyping?
(But hey, wasn't that dancing fish cute?)

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 5:51 am
I really liked it. I thought the 'ethnic stereotyping' was the whole point. Like Sephardim have ABC, Ashkenazim have XYZ, but look we all compliment each other.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Mar 27 2011, 4:28 pm
Its a catchy tune, cute song...like it Smile

NotSoNewKallah

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 6:22 pm
We LOVE it!! But then again, were the biggest 8th day fans out there!

Whats not to love about it? Its a fun song, well made video- just a lot of fun! Oh, and a great message too!

bigsis144

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 6:58 pm
The production values are INCREDIBLE! Between the dancing, the editing and the film quality, this is some pretty professional-looking stuff!

That being said, it felt like an extended commercial for Pomegranate. I wonder if some of their budget came from Pomegranate, what with all the blatant product placement and long closeups on their brand's products.

But if more Jewish artists can make deals like this and do AWESOME music videos, I'm totally on board!

NotSoNewKallah

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 7:02 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
The production values are INCREDIBLE! Between the dancing, the editing and the film quality, this is some pretty professional-looking stuff!

That being said, it felt like an extended commercial for Pomegranate. I wonder if some of their budget came from Pomegranate, what with all the blatant product placement and long closeups on their brand's products.

But if more Jewish artists can make deals like this and do AWESOME music videos, I'm totally on board!

It was produced by their brother, so I am not sure if they needed the funding from Pomegranate... But that does explain the quality!

rb

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 4:23 pm
Love it! Especially since I am also a big fan of pomegranate Very Happy

MorahGee

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 10:01 pm
what do the words mean?
love the tune and beat!!!

su7kids

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:49 pm
1. My son is in it!
2. If you don't know its Pomegranate, there is no way to know. I have never been there and it doesn't seem like an ad for Pomegranate at all.

I think we are the # 1 fan family, and very proud of it, and very excited that we have a family member in the video!!!

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 9:50 am
Thumbs Up LIKE!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 10:16 am
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!
2. If you don't know its Pomegranate, there is no way to know. I have never been there and it doesn't seem like an ad for Pomegranate at all.
I think we are the # 1 fan family, and very proud of it, and very excited that we have a family member in the video!!!

0:07 -- Pomegranate shopping cart
0:12 -- Pomegranate bags
The whole thing -- everybody's hats and aprons say Pomegranate
2:33 -- Long, not-connected-to-anything shot of "Pomegranate Signature Brand Gefilte Fish"
Shortly after that -- pan down a stack of Pomegranate-brand salads

I'm not being negative, just pointing out that it IS obvious.

chillax

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 10:34 am
It's funny, I was wondering what supermarket that was. Guess I'm THAT oblivious Tongue Out

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 10:47 am
Never heard of this group but I like!
It was really well made and catchy.
Love the ethnic stuff. That's the whole point of the song - ACHDUS!!!! You eat techina and hot peppers and I eat gefilte but we're all ONE. Beautiful!

NotSoNewKallah

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:10 am
bigsis144 wrote:
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!

2:33 -- Long, not-connected-to-anything shot of "Pomegranate Signature Brand Gefilte Fish"

It seems like Pomegranate and 8th Day BOTH benefited from it, so it could very well be that it was just a favor on both parts.

I think it was a very cute idea to shoot it in a kosher grocery like Pomegranate

su7kids

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:58 am
bigsis144 wrote:

Should we argue? I don't think so. I'm just saying that since I'm not familiar with Pomegranate, I didn't notice those things at all. I happen to know it WAS filmed there, but didn't seem like advertising to me. You are probably very familiar with the store.

Most out of towners aren't.

intrigued

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 12:08 pm
su7kids wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:

Should we argue? I don't think so. I'm just saying that since I'm not familiar with Pomegranate, I didn't notice those things at all. I happen to know it WAS filmed there, but didn't seem like advertising to me. You are probably very familiar with the store.

Most out of towners aren't.

I'm sorry you don't have go there to know Pomegranate. I see it in all the publications, there are pages of advertisements in each! I feel like I know all the workers from all the advertisements. And I don't live in the US.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links