Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sending an oldest to school?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 7:27 am
Pearl wrote:
("if somebody doesn't like it, they are welcome to clean!" Wink ).

sometimes when my sister in laws come over they go crazy when my house is a little bit and I mean a little bit turned over. I tell them exactly that then be my guest and clean it if it bothers you so much. And they clean it with happiness. so pearl I agree with you if someone doesnt like it let them clean it. we can't always be on top of our kids twenty four seven.

when we were living in america I had my daughter in school full time too. and she was not even a year old then. by then I was ready to give birth then anyway so I had no choice but she loved it, all the kids, toys and all.

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 7:55 am
what if the someone who doesn't like the unclean house is me? and it's my house? who's gonna clean it then? Mad

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 8:54 am
I hate my house also when it is not spotless that you can eat off the floors. but sometimes I just don't have the strength so it either waits for the next day or my husband cleans it. try getting a cleaning lady when you realize it is really getting bad and you have no more strength left.

Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 9:29 am
don't get me wrong - when the house is a mess, it bothers me a lot. but there is just so much I can do in 24 hours, and sleeping is one of them! sometimes I look around me, and sigh, because I am not perfect, never will be, and the house can't be perfect all the time...hey, what can you do? as long as it's not disgusting, and as long as you don't loose your sanity!!!!!
compromises ladies, key word in the existence of hard working married mothers!

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 9:31 am
both of us can't look good, it's either me or the house

Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 9:32 am
you go girl!!! Yes

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 9:32 am
I agree 100%

Rose

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 11:42 am
hisorerus wrote:
RG wrote:
Quote:
sleep in their clothes for next day

you're not serious, are you? shock

Very serious. Instead of getting into PJs, get into a clean pair of clothes. They don't get too wrinkled by the morning, so just put on shoes and you're ready to go.

Not the best solution for full-time, but it sure works!

Can I ask what happens if the child leaks through the diaper at night and gets all wet what should the mother do then?

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 12:07 pm
change them.

Rivka

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 3:53 pm
then they might as well have been in PJs. Also I don't know if you have school uniforms, but if that is the case to have to stick that in the wash and lets say the other set is in the wash, what do you do?

micki

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 5:54 pm
how long does it take a kid to get dressed already? or get one dressed for that matter? especially school age kids who are not gonna run around naked.

rydys

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 6:28 pm
Maybe you and your husband can work out another time to spend together--even early in the morning. Our lives go through different phases and I've found that I always have to rearrange my schedule over and over again to accomodate it. Maybe instead of spending a lot of time together every night you can make one "date night" during the week and then sleep in that once.

I also believe that our bodies can adjust to new situations over time. When I was doing one of my surgery rotations, I had to be at the hospital at 5am. That meant getting up at 4am. I was a wreck for the first few weeks, but then my body adjusted. I went to bed at 9pm and got 7 hours of sleep every night.

You may find that once you get into the habit of getting up earlier your body will adapt to less sleep.

The issue of holding your son home for another year is really just putting off the inevitable. The reality is that eventually you will have to start getting up earlier, unless your husband is willing to run mornings in your house. I think the best thing is to talk to him and come up with a way to manage it.

Motek

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 6:40 pm
rydys wrote:
The issue of holding your son home for another year is really just putting off the inevitable.

true, as far as scheduling goes, but I think that as long as amother is happy to have him home, he is lucky to be home with her. He has many years of schooling ahead of him, and these few years with mommy are precious and irreplaceable.

micki

Post Mon, Mar 14 2005, 7:21 pm
you know I don't know how long you are married, but eventually that blissful spend every moment with your husband honeymoon stage ends.

sad reality which we all try to revive by making scheduled dates, etc... but the reality does set in. I only know from my experience and that of the people I have spoken to. by us it was after our 3rd child was born.
the demands of a household, 3 small children were so overwhelming B"H that spending "together" time was less and less a priority.
I am not saying that it is not important- but reality of life is that this does happen.

sadly those evening that we spent playing board games together- shock gosh its been a while since we did that shock are a once in a blue moon treat.
even after the kids are in bed and its quiet, we each need to catch up on what we were not able to accomplish during the day.

so you may have to make a decision you can't have both. either you keep him home and can keep those evenings together because then you can wake up when you want, or send him to school and yo will no longer be able to stay up late. in my opinion once you have 3 kids you won't be able to afford staying up late anymore. remember reality does hit everyone and while we love the honeymoon sometimes its just over...

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 3:05 am
rydys and micki - very recognizable (except for the surgery rotations, I do wish I could speak from experience on that one too Wink !)
and well put!

micki

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 8:23 am
just thinking about this again- I think the end of the honeymoon stage may be when you have to send your oldest to school. because then you are suddenly restricted by a schedule that you did not create.
in addition having 3 children B"H only makes it that much more challenging!

Rivka

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 3:54 pm
I think honeymoon ends when you both have to go to work and you have your first child.

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:47 pm
micki you're lucky your honeymoon lasted so long. for us it ended with first kid. we both have crazy conflicting schedules, this week we were only home two evenings together (one of them was friday night).

but we make sure the time we spend together is special.

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:48 pm
oh... and they say coming to israel is a honeymoon! Twisted Evil Exploding anger Rolling Eyes

Pearl

Post Sat, Mar 19 2005, 6:15 pm
who EVER said that???!!!! Rolling Eyes
if you're lucky, you get 12 days of vacation in a year, no opertunity of part time work, if you leave the office at 5pm, people ask "oh, working half days now?!"
I could go on, but I won't Wink
it's the best and the worst Very Happy

shavua tov!!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics