Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sending an oldest to school?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Chanie

Post Sat, Mar 19 2005, 9:01 pm
I do not have 3 at home... so I cannot compare, but I have a toddler I sent to a 1/2 day at a home daycare, and a baby at home. My husband feeds my toddler breakfast before he leaves to work, and the the toddler plays till I get out of bed at 8:30. I then can quickly get the toddler and myself dressed, I usually leave the baby in PJs until I get back home. It takes less then a 1/2 hour cuz he already ate.
I'm sure the school isn't counting on a 3 year old being exactly on time every day....

AweSumThenSum

Post Sat, Mar 19 2005, 10:14 pm
too many pages of replies to read through, so sorry if this response is duplicitious, but did a/o hear that ure x supposed 2 wear the same clothes during the day that u slept in at night? I think it stems from the fact that our bodies are tahmah at night cuz our neshomos leave to go give din v'cheshbon for our day's activities, and then during the day we make brochos and our bodies are holier. I know some people who do not sleep in underwear for that reason too.
aside, amother, u ought to have ur thyroid levels checked out because one of the classic symptoms of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) is excessive drowsiness. as for the fact that ure pregnant and worried about how ure going 2 get up next year, I would suggest that u worry about crossing that bridge when u get there. HaShem never gives us more than we can handle.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:22 am
hi guys,
just to keep you updated. my schedule has changed majorly in the last week. my oldest learned to climb out of his crib and is now up and out of bed at 7:30 am. so no more sleeping in while he plays quetly. and he doesnt take naps anymore, so I never get a chance to make up lost sleep. every day I pull myself out of bed when I hear his little pitter patter of feet running around. I get scared of what he might do while roaming around unsupervised. so far the worst he's done was eat up the hamentashen I left on the table for shalach manos the day before purim.
oh well, I'm just waiting for the day he'll really destroy the house. I hope it never comes. he climbs over the baby gate I put at his door. I'm thinking of getting a second one and putting it over the first.
so now tell me please how do I manage on less sleep than ever? I am definitely not going to sleep earlier b/c I have so much to do at night now that I dont have that 2 hr nap time for my son. I used to count on that time to do stuff, now the only time I can do anything is at night.
I am not doing well on less sleep, I got a really bad cold just this week, when I havent been sick in months. I'm sure its b/c I'm sleeping less, and working harder b/c of purim. every morning I'm like a zombie for the first 2 hrs after I wake up. I started drinking coffee on the mornings when my mind is so fuzzy, I cant do a thing. I dont have energy to dress the kids till those 2 hrs pass.
what now???!!!!!

oh yeah and he's definitely going to school next year. if we're both going to be up anyway so early I may as well send him, and get a break.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 11:46 am
put up gates one on top of the other & completely child proof his room - hook furniture to the walls, safety locks on cabinets, only safe toys out

leave a sippy cup with a drink for him, so he can last a bit longer

and sleep untill he calls you!!!

hope it helps!

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 12:14 pm
Quote:
put up gates one on top of the other

FY wow your'e creative!! 8)

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 2:51 am
Pearl wrote:
who EVER said that???!!!! Rolling Eyes

too many ppl to count...
Quote:

if you're lucky, you get 12 days of vacation in a year, no opertunity of part time work, if you leave the office at 5pm, people ask "oh, working half days now?!"

I could go on....[/quote]

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 2:56 am
amother, maybe try lowering ur expectations, prioritise what must be done and what things don't have to be done. I learnt with my baby that I couldn't get anything, and I mean anything, done when he was around and up. Once I accepted this I became so much calmer and anything that does get done I view as a huge achievement.

about coping with less sleep, I don't know but if u ever find an answer, please, please let me know Wink in fact, patent it - u'll be rich!

micki

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:42 am
amother- solutions will be found. but please DO NOT for you sake and the helath of your unborn resort to drinking coffee. it really is not good for you- and you should not become relying on it to get you through the morning.
snooe on the couch if you need with one ear opent o the kids, but don't drink coffee.

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:58 am
Quote:
but don't drink coffee

Micki one cup aday can't be harmful can it Confused I drank w/h all my pregnancys whole coffee not decaf Confused

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 10:41 am
1 cup of coffee a day isn't harmful imo and sometimes it can be beneficial - it can help kickstart ur day.

saying that, I read somewhere that each cuppa has over 1000 chemicals and some have been linked to cancer in rats...

Chanie

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 12:21 pm
you know I recently heard a study that said you can become addicted to coffee with just one a day... when want to go off, can suffer from caffeine withdrawal.

1stimer

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 1:05 pm
yes I read that study too, Chani, do u remember where it was?

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 10:12 pm
((((((((((((((Amother))))))))))))))))))) Listen to Micki, DON'T DRINK COFFEE. If you have a cleaning lay, maybe she can come more often. Remember, your main priority is the happinesss of your children. They need a happy and well rested mother. Set a bedtime for yourself and stick to it. It's ok to go to sleep with a messy house once in a while. Very Happy Very Happy Good luck.

imaamy

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 12:41 am
Messy house once in a while? How bout my kids are old enough to sleep all night and my house is still messy.

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 2:04 am
hmmm, it's once in awhile that I go to sleep with a clean house ... I learnt that I'm not superwoman, a shocking discovery but true all the same.

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 6:06 am
amother, sounds like you really have it tough, and I hope you will have some extra bloodtests or something, because seems to be you're exeptionally tired...

re coffee - once you get used to that, it won't give you a boost. I always heard from my dr and midwife that 2 coffee's a day won't harm the baby...but you should check with your dr.
however, it's not the solution for your extreme tiredness.
I don't know what exactly it is you feel you have to do at night, but I think you being well rested takes priority over almost everything!
do you have a cleaning lady?

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 2:48 pm
AweSumThenSum wrote:
too many pages of replies to read through, so sorry if this response is duplicitious

I should think you'd be sorry! Do you know what duplicitious means? shock

and how are gates put up one on top of the other? has anybody actually done that?

lucy

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 9:39 pm
I do not know how I had the patience to actually read through this whole thread, but you answer my question that you are relying on your oldests schedule to not change. What if you sent him for a 1/2 a day & maybe because of all the activity in the classroom (bc there is tons, at least in the school that I taught in) he might come home & take a nap. Then your second will IY"H take a nap in the afternoon aswell, lets hope your baby might decide to cooperate and imitate the older siblings!

Though I know it's tiring being pregnant I would do a blood work and speak to your doctor bc this sounds too much maybe you're anaemic?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics