Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Going price for metapelets in israel

supermom

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 3:47 pm
What is the going price for a private meitapelet in israel? My daughter is going to be going to a pirvate metapelet there is eight kids from one to two and half years old. She is taking care of them in a school not at home if it makes a difference.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 3:54 pm
For something similar last year I paid 9sh * 4 weeks * no of hours a week I sent. I paid for holidays as well and she didn't work on days when schools are closed. Plus 2 weeks paid holiday at the end of the year (in her own house, I sent my own food)

supermom

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 4:09 pm
That is a lot of money an hour. The woman wants 700 shekals a month no food. Five days a week, six hours a day, vacation paid. Everyone here thinks she is over charging.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 4:31 pm
There isn't really an "Israeli" going rate. It really depends where you live. I think it sounds fair. I am paying 750 a month now for gan 8-1, no holidays. But it does include a menagenet and gymboree.

Remember the ganenet also has to make a living to make it worthwhile. 8 * 700 sh = 5600 sh a month for 6 days a week. Does she also have other expenses, like renting, helpers, menagenet etc. How much does she have left?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 5:09 pm
it completely depends on where you live in israel and how private the mitapelet is.

I used to work as a mitapelet, I dont anymore, in yerushaliyim, in the rechavia aread. I worked for one family and I wantched her young baby. I got 22 shekels an hour. but I have heard that for instance, I have a friend in ramat beit shemesh and she has told me that for a mitapelet, with a group of children, the lady takes 8 shekels an hour.

so, there really are soooooo many different factors involved.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 11:07 pm
700 shekel for a month? I pay more to have a babysitter for 2 full DAYS a week when I work. (meaning- by babysitter bill for only 2 days is more than you pay for a month of Gan!)

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 5:10 am
Amother how many hours a day do you have a babysitter?

Where we live rent is not even an issue, her son is in the moan for free since she is the one working, her other son in gan she pays 75 shekals a month. So it is not like she needs to charge so much. We were paying for moan last year six hundred and fifty shekals a month (that was discounted). It was nine hours a day, two meals, snack.

Maybe we were spoiled, but all the woman also feel that way.

Marion

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 6:29 am
I don't know. For mishpachton (which is what you're describing if she takes several children) we pay 1500 shekel a month. It's 9 hours a day, five days a week. She provides everything except diapers/wipes and expressed milk. There are 2 metaplot, and they take up to 14 babies, from 6 months to 3 years. They have tiyulim, gymboree, music, special events/guests once a month, and INSURANCE. I was quoted anywhere from 1400 to 1600, so I don't know where you found 700. Is it only half a day?

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 8:09 am
Six hours a day. Now I am wondering that maybe everywhere in israel people pay a fortune for daycare. People are also making 7000 shekals a month? shock I have still not seen any job that offers that much money working on the books. Even the gan the workers don't make anywhere near that amount.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 8:12 am
supermom wrote:
Amother how many hours a day do you have a babysitter?

Where we live rent is not even an issue, her son is in the moan for free since she is the one working, her other son in gan she pays 75 shekals a month. So it is not like she needs to charge so much. We were paying for moan last year six hundred and fifty shekals a month (that was discounted). It was nine hours a day, two meals, snack.

Maybe we were spoiled, but all the woman also feel that way.

I think it's irrelevant what her expenses are in her private life, and it's also not your business. I was asking what expenses she has from having the gan which would mean she's not earning 5600 sh net.

People have to understand that if someone is working hard 6 days a week she's not going to do it if she's not going to earn a reasonable salary. If people are paid peanuts they end up feeling why should I make a big effort. And it could be the children who get inferior care because of it.

The 700 shekel I pay is in a chareidi community. I have heard amongst non-religious that people pay much, much more because there is less competition.

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 8:45 am
Oh you meant how much she is paying in the moan.

She has to buy some supplies for the kids. She has all the toys, beds, and some supplies for the kids from the past year.

She will be working six hours a day and five days a week.
I worked in the same job as her just for the gov't and got paid 2,400 shekals a month. I still had to pay for my two kids that were in the moan with me. I worked eight hours a day four days a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics