Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Favorite Brand of Dishwashing Gloves

yaelinIN

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 10:15 pm
I think I have to break down and buy dishwashing gloves. What is your favorite brand/type? One of the reasons I do not use them is that I think they smell rubbery(?) and then make my hands smell. Are there any un-rubbery smelling gloves. I also have small hands and never find ones that fit well.

Any advice welcome!

Yael

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:56 am
Bump

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:07 pm
Ansell Sol-Vex® 15 mil Flock Lined 13" Nitrile Chemical Resistant Gloves
Ansell Sol-Knit® 14" Knit Lined Nitrile Chemical Resistant Gloves
Nitrile is better than rubber because it resists fats, oils and other materials that break down rubber.
They last and last.

I get the knit-lined from Northern Safety and Industrial but there are other vendors. You can talk to the customer service people and ask lots of questions. They're very helpful.

Knit-lined absorbs sweat and insulates, so you can comfortably use much hotter water. Flock lined is much cheaper; it does get sweaty if you use them with very hot water or for a long time running, but the flock makes them easy to pull off and the fingers don't stick.

The knit-lined are expensive, but worth it because I like to wash in the hottest possible water. I buy a dozen pairs for a cheaper per-pair rate, and even with giving some away to family that lasts me for years. I mark them "milchik" "Fleishik" parve with a Sharpie because there's no color choice.

There are other brands, each brand with its own color.

emzod42

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:29 pm
I buy Mr clean. I like the sizing and they hold up a while. They come in 2 packs with different colors which is handy for milchig/fleish.

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:40 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Casabel.....r=8-2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry