Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
HELP! Chicken Defrosted Can't Locate Recipe!

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 10:52 pm
I found a recipe on imamother a few weeks ago. It was really good. I have searched and searched but I can't find it again. It has vegetables on the bottom of the pan that are pre baked. The cutlets are dipped in flour and placed on top of the vegetables. The sauce has soy sauce and I think brown sugar and some other things. Does anyone know which recipe I am talking about?
tia!!!

runninglate

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 10:56 pm
no, but it sounds good.

GetReal

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:00 pm
Is this it?

The chicken cutlet recipe is as follows:

1. Slice onion, red peppers and orange perrpers. Saute in a little oil until soft.
2. Bread the cutlets in egg and then in cornflake crumbs. Place in 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Pour the sauted veggies over the cutlets.
4. In a saucepan, combine 12 oz apricot jam (or duck sauce), 1 cup ketchup and 6 Tbsp brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour over the peppers/chicken.
5. Return the chicken to the oven and cook at 350 covered for around 30-45 minutes, until chicken is done.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....hter=

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:05 pm
No, but thank you!!!
It is super easy. The veggies are baked in pan. Sauce is mixed in bowl and poured over. No frying and no boiling!

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:49 pm
Posted: Mon, Aug 30 2010, 11:08 am Post subject: re: BEST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread!

Hooray!!!! Found it!!!!

This is an AWESOME Chinese chicken recipe that is SO EASY, no frying, all in one pot! You've got to try it, anyone who eats it loves it, it tastes straight out of a restaurant.

2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
coated in flour and then egg

1 onion cubed
1 pepper cubed
1 can / some fresh mushrooms
(these are the veggies I use but u can really use anything you have in the house)

Place the veggies in a pan, sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle some oil over them. Bake for a half an hour covered at 350. (the reason why I bake the veggies first is b/c I don't like them crunchy, if you don't mind them a bit underdone you can bake everything at once for just 40 mins.)

Take veggies out of the oven and put chicken on top, then pour this mixture on top of everything:
1/2 c oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake covered for another 40 mins and serve over rice.
Enjoy!!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 11:09 am
It's really very good. We love that recipe in our family - even my ds eats it!

Enjoy Smile

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 12:23 pm
Looks yummy.

Just to clarify -- you dip the chicken in flour first and then egg -- nothing on top of the egg?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 1:05 pm
Hm. I actually did egg then flour. Didn't read the dirextions closely enough. Was good!

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 3:33 pm
I also didn't read it and did flour, egg then flour. It's good that way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey