Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Selling gold in Monsey - best price?

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:33 am
Can anyone recommend someone that buys gold in Monsey for a really good rate?

Thanks

farm

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 3:13 pm
I'm no expert but from what I know, you get the best prices at coin shows, not from private people who will buy it below melting cost so they can sell it for melting cost at a coin show.

momsprince

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 4:00 pm
Where can I find out about coin shows? I'm in Brooklyn.

farm

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 4:42 pm
Google!

bobeli

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:14 pm
farm wrote:
I'm no expert but from what I know, you get the best prices at coin shows, not from private people who will buy it below melting cost so they can sell it for melting cost at a coin show.

I'm sorry but I think that is the best way to get coned! they are pros and know when you don't know what your items are worth.
I know someone who does it in brooklyn and I think monsey too, very honest person, he can give you a quote and you decide if you sell it or not.
A friend sold him some gold and silver, and had some coins too, so he told her to go to a coin expert, maybe they are worth something more than the metal price; so she went to the expert and the guy wanted to give her less.
PM me for the #

farm

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 11:42 am
Of course coin dealers can be dishonest, so can anyone in any profession.
I was pointing out that those "gold for cash" people will sell the gold to s/o who is melting it so they will pay you less than the melter. A coin show is a good place to get directly to the melter w/o loosing money to the middleman. If the gold in question is a coin, you should get more than the melting price there because the coin has intrinsic worth as a collection piece. Just throwing this suggestion out there, feel free to ignore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries