Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
MONSEY, NY

amother

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 2:14 pm
Looking for day trips to be taken, originating from Monsey during Chol Hamoed (or really anytime) to be enjoyed by a couple (with or without baby).

anonymous as I prefer to keep my origin under cover Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 2:45 pm
Bear Mountain! Cooperstown!

momofgirls

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:15 pm
Haverstraw bay park

Esther01

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:34 pm
if you are talking about a serious day trip, like leaving 8am and returning 8pm (or later), we went to the NJ aquarium (next to philadelphia) it's about a 2-3 hour drive.. the aquarium is really amazing. then nearby on the delaware river you have an interesting warship. you can also take a ferry across the delaware and then you have some very nice stuff to do right at the river on the philadelphia side or go venture into philadelphia.

cindy324

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:38 pm
Quote:
f you are talking about a serious day trip, like leaving 8am and returning 8pm (or later), we went to the NJ aquarium (next to philadelphia) it's about a 2-3 hour drive..

Are you talking about the Camden Aquarium? I was told also that it's really nice. Maybe I'll check it out, too.

timeout

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:44 pm
Cindy - maybe I'll see ya there Wink

slimnglam

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 7:27 pm
You can also go to the one in CT-its about an hour from Monsey and also gorgeous aquarium

HappyPurim

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 9:07 pm
Palisades Mall, entertainment for all ages....

amother

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 10:15 pm
I was already at the CT and the NJ aquarium, the kids enjoyed it but for dh and me it was very boring. At the NJ aquarium we also took the ferry ride which we did like.
The NJ aquarium also had a puppet show, which my kids loved. Outside of of the building we also saw a show of penguins being fed, which was adorable. So, if you go with your children, they will definitly have a great time. If going only with your dh I would rather recommend Amishtown, Pennsylvania.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics