Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When to turn over kitchen, advice needed!

may2010

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 11:38 am
I'm not making any meals for the first days, but I am making the shabbos meals - which comes out a day and a half into Chol Hamoed. My dilemma is: should I turn over the kitchen already and make food for shabbos and freeze it? That way I am worry free and not stressed out over first days? OR should I wait (till later this week) to completely turn over - make SOME things and freeze them ?

I just keep saying I'm going to do it, and then it never happens.. b/c the kitchen table has all our chometz and cereal on it. I feel weird for half the kitchen to be pesachdik and half not. You know? What do you all do?

Another side Question- Do pesachdik kugels freeze well??

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:09 pm
I don't know enough about your life to know how important it is to be relaxed and have things frozen. I do know how weird it is to be half and half. My kitchen is Pesachdig but right across the threshold in the main room, it's kulo chametz.

And your kugels should freeze fine. Actually, what I mean is, they'll reheat well. I never add a starch binder so I guess I'm Pesachdik year round. However you usually reheat your kugel will be fine.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:12 pm
if you are just making shabbos no need to start cooking till sunday morning, or even later. whatever you don't manage to do now you can do on chol hamoed.

also this depends if you are having guests, and how many.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics