Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
I'll be reading... reading... reading... til shavuos...
1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 10:51 pm
Soooo I still have 3 unread ami's, 3 months worth of unread Inyan's, and..... here is my Yomtov Reading material. I shall be reading til Shvuos most likely... It's a little sickening, is there *really* so much to write about??? has not everything yet been written? unbelievable.... Eveyrthing is so thick, expanded, with multiple additional supplements ...

(Der yid has 400+ pages!!!)

runninglate

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 10:55 pm
and ill be flipping quickly through the magazines and wondering why they never write anything worth reading...... LOL

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:02 pm
nah theres lots of good stuff in all of em.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:03 pm
And ill just have my trusty library books...

runninglate

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:03 pm
ok, ill take your word for it, mama bear. Youre the expert, after all.

Barbara

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:39 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
And ill just have my trusty library books...

And I'll have my Kindle when its not Yom Tov, and the books I picked up for $1.99 each at a Borders that's slated to close on Shabbat and Yom Tov.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 9:02 am
RR6178 wrote:
and ill be flipping quickly through the magazines and wondering why they never write anything worth reading...... LOL

LOL that!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 9:19 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Soooo I still have 3 unread ami's, 3 months worth of unread Inyan's, and..... here is my Yomtov Reading material. I shall be reading til Shvuos most likely... It's a little sickening, is there *really* so much to write about??? has not everything yet been written?
yid has 400+ pages!!!)

I would like to hope that there is what yet to write. At least the writer in me that may get out one day does.
But I do believe that we are rapidly approaching the point where there are no new recipes.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 9:41 am
Lol! There will always be new recipes, just as there will always be new books and new songs.

I have my stack of library books as well.

mango

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 9:44 am
I wasnt so impresssed with the binah yom tov edition not as thick as usual and a big chunk of it is recipes but it looked like their was a bunch of good supplements I just had a quick look through the pack and then put it away for yom tov!

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 10:12 am
There is an article about Yad Ezra V'Shulamit (focusing on Rav Lurie and why the organization was founded) in the Mishpacha mag.

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:11 pm
mango wrote:
I wasnt so impresssed with the binah yom tov edition not as thick as usual and a big chunk of it is recipes but it looked like their was a bunch of good supplements I just had a quick look through the pack and then put it away for yom tov!

It's actually the same page count (or more than) last year but divided over more supplements as opposed to one thick main and one supplement. This year there are 3 supplements and one main

nechami1

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:47 pm
I bought all those mags and a jewish novel- as I will probably get thru it all before the 2nd days of yom tov. I am what you may call a speed reader. I also promised myself I would leave the mags in their plastic wrappers until yom tov, but temptation gave in and I flipped thru everything about an hr ago........I cant wait to start reading.............!!

zissy2004

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 1:10 pm
im worried ill have too little LOL
hamodia, binah and mishpacha!
wanted to have AMI.. (I wish)
hoping to get a few new books I ordered still before yom tov!! Now that would be great!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 2:10 pm
[quote="Mama Bear"]Soooo I still have 3 unread ami's, 3 months worth of unread Inyan's, and..... here is my Yomtov Reading material. I shall be reading til Shvuos most likely... It's a little sickening, is there *really* so much to write about??? has not everything yet been written? unbelievable.... Eveyrthing is so thick, expanded, with multiple additional supplements ...

My teen age son pretty much just said the same thing. He said there's so much written but is there really so much that's worth writing. (Or maybe he means, reading.)

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 2:31 pm
well, I think I'll reread my collection of steinbeck. that should keep me busy for three days...

Tova

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 2:39 pm
I have the Binah (subscription) and my husband just called me at work to tell me that he got me Ami and Mishpacha Pesach issues. I'm looking forward.

Other than that I have Innocent Deceptions and Desperate Deceptions to re-read as well as chilling with parents and siblings.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 5:07 pm
Well I have about a dozen articles I desperately want to write and get published, but I cant seem to find my muse. By the time the house is quiet and I can gather my thoughts to write, I'm exhausted.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 5:40 pm
Tova wrote:
I have the Binah (subscription) and my husband just called me at work to tell me that he got me Ami and Mishpacha Pesach issues. I'm looking forward.

Other than that I have Innocent Deceptions and Desperate Deceptions to re-read

Oh, well that should be cheerful and uplifting!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 6:00 pm
When I saw the title I knew it was you who posted it along with pictures. I will get all that almost along with the jp, mishpacha, and Yated. I also bought a fat new novel too.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room