Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
So emotional as my daughter's first birthday nears!

Chaya123

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 4:32 pm
I just had to share this. My daughter's 1st birthday is drawing very near (next wk, 3 days after R'H) and every time I think abt it, I just get so emotional! I have this lump in my throat and can barely think or talk about it. Funny thing is that dh feels just the opposite! He says that the older she gets, the more connection he feels to her. I guess men are men!
I just can't believe that a full yr has flown by so quickly! Boy was it a yr of learning, adjusting, and deriving such pleasure from this blessed life called mommyhood. All those yrs and tears surely paid off with Hashem's special Bracha. But now, the days of little pink stretchies, size 1 and 2 diapers, little carseat, porta crib, getting up at night umpteen amount of times, nursing umpteen amount of times, utter exhaustion, teething, orajel, pumping, and constant new learning experiences, and amazement that I'm actually in this longed for and yearned for category- are officially coming to a close for the time being. (May we be zoche to experience this many more times IY"H!) B'H this yr has been so wondeful, so amazing, so dreamlike. I can never thank Hashem enough.
Now we're on to her 2nd yr IY"H, full of toddler antics, bigger clothing, crawling, walking, adorable giggles, learning and exploring new things every day. May this yr be just as great in its own way as the yr before! (sniff, sniff)

supermom

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 4:40 pm
Amen and let the fun begin!!

withhumor

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 7:59 pm
I cry for every dumb milestone. I cry for every Jewish mother who hasn't felt it yet, and for every jewish child who cannot get there...

Frumom

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 10:03 pm
I can totally relate.
My son just turned a year and I get emotional too when I think about it. This might be really off, but I keep thinking about this whole year, how much we've taken care of his every need, and how he'll be more and more independent as the years go by. I also just think about how he used to just rest his head on my shoulder and just snuggle against me, but now it's like he's into all the exploring. In a way, sometimes I think that I must've forgotten how all of those sleepless nights etc. felt. but it was definitely such a special time.
It's like all of a sudden he's my "big boy" even though he's just a year!

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 7:14 pm
My kid also just turned one and I also feel so emotional when I think about all that happened this past year. She's becoming more independent and I'll miss her needing me for everything. She's only one but the year was jam packed.
It's funny cuz I used to look and mothers and think how could they be so emotional after just a year, but I guess it takes one to know one!!

(I guess all this reminissing helps me get into the Rosh Hashana spirit too)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics