Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
I just checked out the cakes from the balabuste's choice and

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:22 pm
I was shocked shock ! Okay, a little extreme, I wasn't shocked, but it was weird!! I think one cake used 5 eggs and the rest used between 8-18. A lot of them you had to sep. the eggs and most of the cakes were pretty complicated or not fast and easy. Also, a lot of them used margarine. I'm used to using oil in cakes. The rest of the cookbook is not like that. I ended up making one bowl brownies from the detroit cookbook. Anyone else notice this? Truth be told, I didn't really look through the whole book, so maybe other sections are like that, too. I've had for over 4 years and used it, but obviously not that often.

Chocoholic

Post Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:24 pm
A true balabuste loves to patchke

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:58 pm
I subsitute oil for margarine many times if I think it can come out the same.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 30 2011, 5:54 pm
I understand what you mean about the eggs but I never noticed the margarine instead of oil.
Dh just said who cares about eggs its a cake Wink but I guess its true the more eggs and if they are separated, they make the cake lighter, spongier and wholly better.
You could always half the recipe to make it easier Smile

nana18

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 1:30 am
balabustas choice is an amazing cookbook especially for baking. Their cakes are a huge patchke and very unhealthy but come our rich and delicious like from a fancy bakery. I highly recommend this book for special occasions like a shabbos kallah or even an upshernish. They do have some more simple recipes too which I havent really used it for
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics