Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Orna wigs in baltimore

Hi

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 1:20 pm
Anyone know anything about the quality her warranty is really good 2 years

Tova

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 2:07 pm
I don't know anything about the wigs themselves, but I can tell you that Orna herself is wonderful. She is my former neighber and babysitter and has done repairs on my sheitals. She is sweet, professional, extremely good at what she does and I know many happy people who have bought from her. Great prices and frequent sales. The next time I need a sheital she is definately my first stop.

rac429

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:12 pm
I have two pieces from her. One was a fall bought out of a box but I just bought a sheital that she custom made for me. I am very happy with it so far and she spent time with me making sure that the clips and combs in the cap were to my liking. She also keeps saying that if I have any problems just come back. My sister also just had a fall made by her and is very happy. She was sending the Sheitals to China to be made but she just bought a machine so you can get a custom sheital in a couple of days at a very reasonable price. It is totally worth a consultation with her. You also have no pressure to buy the sheital once she makes it for you if it does not come out the way you wanted.

energy11

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 7:27 pm
I am very close to Orna...
She is a wonderful person and friend, but she doesn't have "a machine".
What exactly are you talking about??
She does send everything to China - just like everybody else!!

rac429

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 7:51 pm
energy11 wrote:
I am very close to Orna...
She is a wonderful person and friend, but she doesn't have "a machine".
What exactly are you talking about??
She does send everything to China - just like everybody else!!

I just bought a sheital from her that I waited two months for because it was done in China - when I picked it up she told me that she just purchased the machine necessary to make the sheitals herself and had someone making them for her and instead of months it would take about 10 hours to make one instead. She told me she is not sending anything to China anymore. If you don't believe me ask her yourself.

energy11

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 8:32 pm
Just checked with her.
She has no machine. just a contact in NY who makes her falls.
Everything else is still...China!!! Wink

obagys

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 9:20 pm
I just bought a sheitel from her before Pesach. I can't vouch for the quality since I haven't had it long enough, but the hair seems really nice & silky and hasn't knotted much at all even in high winds outside. And this is a long sheitel (it was 27" but I cut it to 24"). She is the sweetest lady ever, and you should totally go check out her stuff - she is totally no-pressure and I thought her prices were very reasonable.

Tova

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 9:24 pm
To those that bought custom sheitals - or energy11 if you are in the know - how much does she charge (ballpark)? I don't want to call and ask her because I'm not seriously in the market - I want to hold out until Chanukah which will be our 10th anniversary. But I'm so excited about a custom option in Baltimore as for me custom is the only way to go. I need to wear a sheital (the same one Very Happy ) every day to work and need comfortable comfortable comfortable. I b"H found that with my DIVA custom that I paid $1,650 for about six years ago but Nediva made aliya. And I totally trust Orna 100000%.

cfriedman2

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 12:12 pm
My custom fall that hits right about where a bra line goes was $950. I love it and Orna was very helpful. She does not cut but I highly recomend going to Salon Kids to Crissy or Lisa. They cut mine and it was under $40- granted it was a fall and not a crazy cut but still it was A LOT cheaper than the almost $300 cut that Cookie charged for my last sheital. She did tell my sister and I that she had someone in town making the sheitals for her now so that one does not have to wait as long- I did wait about 2 1/2 months for it to come in.

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:53 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
cheaper than the almost $300 cut that Cookie charged for my last sheital.

Interesting, Cookie charged me under $100 for cutting a new sheitel that I bought in NY. It didn't need a lot of cut and styling but it was a full sheitel and pretty long.

Hi

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:58 pm
Thank you allso much for your help I hope to go to her begining of next week unless I win the sheitel here LOL

alte mamme

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 8:40 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
I highly recomend going to Salon Kids to Crissy or Lisa. .

I'm just wondering, would you go to them for a wash and set?

cfriedman2

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 9:00 pm
I don't know if they do wash n sets but I go to yardena and she's gr8 pm me if u want her number. She is 22 for a fall and 25 for a sheital

sahm30

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 1:12 pm
Shes just not so reliable... Like my friend is visiting and bought a fall. Orna said pick up thu bc she had to dye it. Fri she said come 2 hours before ShBbas, but she was staying in silver spring!!! Is leaving monday and when we went in friday it wSnt done and last night I had to rush in bc shes leaving today. It wasnt styled. WSnt the right color discussed... And her friend ordered 1 supposed to be ready 2 weeks ago!!!!

2cents

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 4:56 pm
Super happy with quality and service.

debsey

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 1:34 pm
any review of the comfort? Is it a comfortable wig?

brachale

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:20 pm
Bump. Any new input on this wig?

happymom123

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:29 pm
I have an orna, love the hair but the cap isn't so comfortable and the front isn't done well. But I didn't buy it from Orna directly but from an inexperienced Shaitel Macher and she didn't do a good job styling and fitting. The hair did get thin in back but since it was during the warranty she added more plus a bit to keep it thick and it's been great since
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels