Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Azriel/ Ezriel

amother

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 11:56 pm
Are these the same name, or are they different names?
Is it like Sarah and Sureh, or more like Ruchel and Rechel?

I've heard Azriel used in hebrew and Ezriel used by english speakers, but are they the same name?

What do you think of the name?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:41 am
Bump

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:56 am
I believe it is a variant and has the same spelling in Hebrew just with different nekudos. Both mean “God is my help” which is a very beautiful meaning. It’s on my list for when I have a boy!
One of the main founders of Kaballah was R’ Azriel of Gerona.
I haven’t notice Azriel specifically with Hebrew speakers and Ezriel with English. I live in the US and know a few Azriels. Seems to be more common in last 5-7 years.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:58 am
when I use the name, I wasn't sure how to spell the name in English because the Hebrew letter makes a different sound than the a or the e so it wasn't clear. I ended up choosing the e but either one is really fine whatever your preference is.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:52 am
In Tanach, it's spelled as Azriel in Yirmiyahu, so I'm wondering what's the source for the Ezriel pronunciation.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:17 am
I just had a boy and I named him Azriel Very Happy
I love the name! I love the meaning and the way it sounds.
I think Ezriel and Azriel are basically the same thing I just like the way Azriel sounds better.

agreer

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:50 am
Are they spelled the same way in hebrew?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names