Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shaarei Chesed

amother

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 5:08 pm
Whats shaarei chesed like to live in? how haredi is it?

naama

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 5:55 pm
Not at all! I like it very much.
Don´t live there anymore. Sad

shabri

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 7:38 am
I live in Rechavia, which is right over from Shaarei Chessed and basically the same community. There is a large American/Europian charedi community and a small Israeli Chareidi community. The best part though is that it is very mixed and people are all friends with each other. I can be friends with a non chareidi or even a chiloni woman in my building or in the park. I love that its really non judgmental.

Shaarei chessed though is very expensive and almost impossible to find anything in. Most people are moving into Rechavia and Nachlaot, which are a lot cheaper.

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 10:56 am
thanks for the feedback. what is there in terms of charedi schooling in the area?

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 12:14 pm
I live there. I don't want to blurt out everything I know about the neighborhood but if you have any more specific questions, please ask. Why are you looking into it?

Regarding schools:

For boys: There is a new cheder in Nachlaot that started this year with a 3 yr old gan, aimed at kids from more sheltered homes. There are hasa'ot from the neighborhood to Orchos Ish and Dibros Moshe in Har Nof and to Chochmas Shlomo, and to Masora in Geula (but I think they're planning to close that branch of Masora within a decade).

For girls: there is a Bais Yaakov gan in Rechavia, right next to Shaarei Chessed, and another one in Nachlaot. For kita aleph, it's a bit difficult. There is a Bais Yaakov school in Kiryat Shmuel nearby, which is very modern and is theoretically the place to go to if you live in the area, but the less modern chareidi families don't send there. The nearest other school is in Geula and is much more chareidi. I think that's where a lot of families try to send to.

There are a number of private gannim for younger kids, Hebrew and English

amother

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 12:17 pm
shabri wrote:
I live in Rechavia, which is right over from Shaarei Chessed and basically the same community. There is a large American/Europian charedi community and a small Israeli Chareidi community. The best part though is that it is very mixed and people are all friends with each other. I can be friends with a non chareidi or even a chiloni woman in my building or in the park. I love that its really non judgmental.

Shaarei chessed though is very expensive and almost impossible to find anything in. Most people are moving into Rechavia and Nachlaot, which are a lot cheaper.

But not cheap!

tamarmom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 4:45 pm
I didnt realize it was that haredi round there

amother

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 5:08 pm
tamarmom wrote:
I didnt realize it was that haredi round there

amother who listed school info here.

The area has changed a lot in the last few years. Rechavia used to be the bastion of secularism. Now it's mixed, with elements of the Shaarei Chessed community growing and spilling over into Nachlaot and Rechavia. I have lived there for about a decade, and within that time, it's changed so much that streets that were considered far out from the chareidi community are now normal places to live.

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 9:46 pm
Bump

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
Bump

Why don’t you start a new thread with your specific questions? This thread is 8 years old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions