Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Kapporos???

amother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 1:18 pm
I am b"h in my third month and would like to do kaporos out of crown heights for obvious reason...
anybody know where and when there is kaporos in the brooklyn area out of crown heights?

thanks

IBR

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 2:03 pm
I understand that you don't want people to know that you are in your 3rd months but anywhere else you do it they will know I would suggest to do it at night and have your husband buy 2 chicken and one rooster and bring it to you at home or walk away from the crowd. The lub yeshiva or whoever do it at night and most people don't pay attention to anyone else as far as I remember people are tired and want to get it over with.

timeout

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 2:33 pm
Y don't u come to BP if you're interested I'll give you a place believe me nobody will know you there!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 2:34 pm
Ask the rov.

We learned in a shiur that if it's the beg. of pregnancy, it's okay to use just one of each, so as not to attract attention.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 2:42 pm
op here

I'm ready to go anywhere in williamsburg, boro park or flatbush...just tell me where and what times it is at..

I know that pple will still know I'm pregnant if I go there but they dont know me....

mendels mommy

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 3:45 pm
I was in the same situation last year and to top it off my husbands sibblings were at my house too! So the solution: my husband took the kids at a regular time while I was resting, and we went later to Bais Rivka at like 12/1 am and there were very few people and we went behind a car and that was it, no one knew Smile
We also spoke to a Rav and I only had to do one chix and one rooster , so that too was helpful!
The best of luck to you!
Gmar Chasima Tova!
Safe and easy pregnancy and delivery!

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 3:55 pm
A friend of mine was VERY early in her pregnancy last year. Recently I asked her what she did, and she said she did her 3 birds in a box and it was so busy that no one was watching. Everyone was engrossed in their own birds. In her opinion, she thinks it would have drawn more attention to go off somewhere than to just do it there and get it done with.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 4:43 pm
well where I live one has to drive for a good 30 min to where the kaparos is and my brother in law always comes with I m at the very beg of pregnancy I don't know what I will do cause he askes questions all the time if anything is not like he remembers. I hate waking up at 5:30 in the morning also I wish it was our minhag to do it with fish or money or I lived in ny what a mehaya.

timeout

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 5:01 pm
I'm going to find out tonight times but it's on 45th and 14 and 15 by Skverer lots of chickens and people mixed bunch there's also one on 9th Avenue by Tomer Dvorah school.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 6:44 pm
op here

thanks , I apreciate that,

please let me know as soon as you know

thanks

withhumor

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 6:50 pm
Those are usually open until 9 at night. B’hatzlacha! I remember my sister in law using 5 chickens at once – mamamia!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur