Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
A good sheitel under $1200
1  2  Next

koolmother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 7:22 pm
im looking for a good sheitel and my budget is around $1200
I wouldnt mind getting a precut, or buy it somewhere that the cut is included

it can b anyone in brooklyn
thanks

koolmother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 9:28 pm
bump Smile

koolmother

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:55 am
bumping again

mimimom

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:52 pm
Claire Accuhair has a new line that's less than that. Called Custom Express. 100% unprocessed, first quality European hair. I have 2 Claires and I"m really happy with them (and I paid more than $1200)
They're # 718-998-6043

gold21

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 9:16 pm
are you looking for a short shaitel, medium length, or long?

if you are looking for a shorter shaitel, you can get one from a more expensive company and it wont be astronomically priced, because less hair equals less expensive. so you could try Kiki and see what they have in your price range.

if you are looking for a medium length or long shaitel, try Isabel or Mazali (from Fortune wigs).

Good Luck!!

babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:32 pm
me and my mother both got shaitels from claires and did not like them at all. They didn't wash well and got frizzy in the humid weather.

I recommend Isabel wigs.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:39 pm
I bought a judy custom out-of-the-box for about $850 a year ago. Its not custom custom, but its %100 european hair. And I'm very happy with it.
Most shaitel machers will include the cut in the price of a new wig.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:16 am
amother wrote:
I bought a judy custom out-of-the-box for about $850 a year ago. Its not custom custom, but its %100 european hair. And I'm very happy with it.
Most shaitel machers will include the cut in the price of a new wig.
Does Judy (Yudit) herself still cut?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 1:27 am
I will start by saying I've certainly had my fair share of sheitle problems. I have had issues with $3,000 sheitles all the way down to $600 sheitles. I have tried them all! I am VERY happy to report that I recently got a 16" (a long 16") RTW sheitle and I am OBSESSED with it! RTW is a less expensive line of royal custom wigs. No knotting, no frizzing and it holds a curl! its smooth and lightweight. It looks great on, fits well and I can wear clips and headbands on it. I love it and am already contemplating getting another one. I can't even tell you how many complements I have gotten on it and everyone I know asks me where they can get one and if they can try it on! I will also add that I am blond and it is very hard to find good blond, natural looking sheitles let alone at a reasonable price. My friend who is in sheitles has one as well and she is a brunette and swears by them. It looks great on her as well. She said it's the only kind she will buy anymore because the quality is just so good and the prices are so fair. I got mine, cut included for $1250 from miriam goldberg in passaic. I am sure other people in brooklyn sell them, I just dont know who. I have a tori, kiki, and a shevy and my RTW is by far my favorite wig!

You can look into tori too, personally I wasn't happy with what I ended up with, but I hear others are.

Someone here suggested judys.....while I hear its a good product, I will say for the blonds at least the color was AWFUL. I have found judys to look very "flat" in color unless you have very very dark hair.

Good Luck!

mommy15

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 8:14 pm
I've never heard of a rtw wig is that short for something else. how long have you had the wig?

Nomie

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 8:16 pm
http://www.michalwigs.com/

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:
...I will also add that I am blond and it is very hard to find good blond, natural looking sheitles let alone at a reasonable price.

Wow, I can't believe your amazing wig is blond! Is the color unprocessed virgin blond?

mimimom

Post Fri, Jun 17 2011, 11:07 am
I second the question: what is RTW? To me that just means ready to wear, but it seems like you mean a specific brand.
?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:53 pm
RTW is a cheaper line of royal custom wigs. I think its only been around about a year or so. My sheitle lady loves it and has had hers for one year and is buying another. I've only had mine for 2 months but its awesome and holds its shape (and curls!) very well.

If you are in NY/NJ I can give you the number of my sheitle lady who sells them.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 1:27 am
I would suggest to go with Isabel. I recently bought one (my other 2 wigs are shuly's) that I can wear in a pony for the warm weather and I'm really impressed with the quality and comfort for the low price!

mommy15

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 7:05 pm
I would love to see a picture of an rtw wig. is there any way you can pm me a picture thanks!

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 8:54 pm
Tori is about that range afaik and they include cut as well as recut if you want to try something and maybe change your mind later... very flexible. They have a wide range of colors and styles.

sugarplum

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 10:59 pm
Where can I get the number of rtw wigs?

teachingbx

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 11:08 pm
Shaina Wigs based out of CH. This is copied from their facebook page. They often have great sales.

10"-$410

12"-$450

14"-$500

16"-$560

18"-$630

20"-$700

22"-$770

24"-$850

*We measure our wigs by the shortest layers, so they are in fact longer than you would expect!

*Catch us at one of our sales and pay $50 less

*Falls are $20 less than wig price.

*Wavy wigs are an additional $35.

*We are available by appointment in Crown Heights full time.

Call 347-721-8782.

Tre's Chic-ka

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 11:51 pm
I love love Shaindy Braun wigs - She is fantastic - great quality, great fit, great colors and great customer service!

here wigs range from $600-$1200

732-740-0123
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics