Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
New book - The Righteous Men. By Sam Bourne.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 2:01 pm
I read about it on another website so I requested it from the library, has anyone read it yet?

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 2:45 pm
The author lives near my parents in london and he gave them a copy. I tried to get through it, but I failed. (Me, who can get through 4-5 books a week) But I have never been fond of thrillers. This despite the fact that it was all about crown heights.

It is about a journelist uncovering some sort of plot connected with the 36 hidden tzaddikem. He goes to ch, (I think his wife gets kidnapped) and is wondering what the heck all these yellow flags are, and why the women have such tidy hairstyles. Everyone is telling him all about the Rebbe, who he can't wait to meet because he is sure the Rebbe can help him. About halfway through the book he realizes the rebbe is no longer alive.

Their is also a dropout lubavitch girl (his ex-girlfriend) involved.

Now I am wondering what research he did...besides knowing my family. Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:36 pm
I read it because my bil told me about it. I bought it on ebay & it was very good.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 8:40 am
I read it in almost one sitting. It was okay.

I don't think it's best-seller material, though.

roza

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:42 am
I saw this book on display at the local library and picked it up, partly because it was about crown heights (got me curious) and partly bec. occasionally, I like to read religious thrillers. 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room