Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Margarine

suomynona

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 6:22 am
Can I leave margarine out of the fridge over shabbos? I want to make something on motzei shabbos and my mixer doensn't mix margarine well unless it's very soft.
The weather is very warm here right now.

On a related note, how bad is it to use margarine after the expiration date? I have apple kugel topping in my fridge from a few months ago and it contains margarine. I have no idea if and when it expired. Can I use it?

shalhevet

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 7:22 am
I wouldn't leave it out today. It is hooooooooot here. You could slightly warm it in some hot water (still in the paper, or even put it into a sandwich bag) on motzai Shabbos if you need it straight away.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 10:23 am
If you take it out after Shabbos, it won't take too long to soften especially if the weather is warm. Don't leave it out over Shabbos. My theory is: If something is found in the refrigerators in a supermarket, it belongs in the fridge at home too.

batya_d

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 10:50 am
momof3 wrote:
If you take it out after Shabbos, it won't take too long to soften especially if the weather is warm. Don't leave it out over Shabbos. My theory is: If something is found in the refrigerators in a supermarket, it belongs in the fridge at home too.

Margarine is just oil in a more solid form, and I think ater 25 hrs. it would be very liquid. Esp. in Israel!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 10:51 am
Do you have a microwave to make it softer, when you need it? Or can you put it near somethign warm?

guesswho

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 11:21 am
Cut up the margarine into small pieces. It will reach room tempurature quicker than leaving it whole.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen