Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's the point of voting in these contests?

CherryBerry

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 4:03 pm
I have seen these voting contests are becoming popular. every school clamoring for your vote so they can win a million dollars.
Do the schools participating actually take the time to read the official rules before entering? Do they realize that any day school that promotes a certain religion (like Judaism), or that refuses a child to their school based on religion is excluded?

from the official rules:

Quote:
Charities may also be deemed ineligible if in Chase's sole and absolute discretion, a Charity, its management or affiliated organizations, among other things:

is, or has been, under any investigation for fraud, misconduct (financial or otherwise) or other criminal activity;
promotes or suggests, directly or indirectly, the use of firearms/weapons, any illegal drugs, prostitution or [filth], violence, or the underage use of alcohol;
suggests or encourages, directly or indirectly, the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
disparages or denigrates any race, age, gender, disability, s-xual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability or condition or otherwise discriminates (in an exclusionary way) against any of those groups based solely on being classified as fitting into those groups;
disparages, denigrates (in writing or otherwise), or acts by means of adversarial or confrontational tactics to impact a product, service, person, industry, or organization including, but not limited to, Chase or participants in the Program;
whose primary purpose is to advance a religious denomination, expand membership or encourage conversion, or whose programs and services are limited (in an exclusionary way) to serving those of a specific religious denomination or faith while excluding others solely because of their religious beliefs

I have no desire to give Chase all my facebook info only to have my votes be considered useless by voting for a school that will get disqualified.
Am I wrong?

cc

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 6:57 pm
Chase doesnt seem to have a problem with it. I'm sure they noticed who they handed all the money to. It says it's up to their discretion.
So go vote and help the tuition crises a bit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics