Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
What's your go-to easy shabbos cake?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

bubble gum

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:00 pm
My go-to cake is the kahlua cake recipe in What's Cooking. Its super simple, takes just a few minutes to mix it all together, and presents nicely because it is baked in a bunt pan. Oh, and it is soooo moist and yummy! I also make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake (Hershey's recipe) in a bundt pan and drizzle with Kahlua glaze.

I would love some more easy cake recipes. I especially like cakes that I can bake in a bundt pan so it looks nice on the table, or sliced and served with sorbet on individual plates.

Any ideas?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:00 pm
duncanhines

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:03 pm
I do the ultimate chocolate cake, or a brownie - easy and quick with no mixer necessary, and then can serve with some vanilla ice cream.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:05 pm
Any one bowl no mixer cakes made with oil. Pound cake, marble cake, lemon cake (all can be made in bundts) brownie bars...
Most of the recipes are on this site.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:09 pm
banana choc chip cake. or brownies.

centurion

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 8:28 pm
heavy marble bundt cake in the pupa/ balabusta's choice cookbook

mom2be1

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:18 pm
I love making cakes in the bundt pan. So easy, one bowl- it's really all about the presentation.I love susie fishbeins lemon cake from her first cookbook that would go great with sorbet! IMO

NTR150153

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:23 pm
bubblegum, would you mind posting those recipes?

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:51 pm
I make a good chocolate chip cookie cake from dining in-very ez.

CherryBerry

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 10:19 pm
Quote:
My go-to cake is the kahlua cake recipe in What's Cooking.

please post the recipe!

chatouli

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 10:25 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I make a good chocolate chip cookie cake from dining in-very ez.

If you get a minute, I'd love this recipe! thanks!

frumshopper

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 11:23 pm
Chocolate Cake from Quick & Kosher - it has chocolate pudding mix in it, is easy and yummy!

Roche

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 11:26 pm
lemon bundt cake from the green kosher by design. it says to put the glaze on the bottom but I put mine on the top its super yum and quick

chocolate chips

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 3:16 am
chocolate moose wrote:
duncanhines

either that or 4-3-2-1 marble cake : 4 eggs, 3cup sr flour, 2cup sugar, 1cup juice, 1 cup oil and then mix in some cocoa (2 tsp) to last bit of mixture. dead simple takes 30 mins including baking!

culinaryk

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 4:06 am
I have a recipe for outrageous brownies and they really are. I serve them alone (slightly warm) or with a scoop of ice cream and everyone loves it.

2 stick/s Margarine
2 cup/s Sugar
4 Eggs Beaten
1 tablespoon/s Vanilla
1/2 cup/s Flour
1 cup/s Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
1 bar/s Rosemarie Chocolate

Preparation
Melt the margarine. Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate. This can be done by hand or with a mixer. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Cut chocolate into chunks and sprinkle on top of the batter. Push it slightly down. Bake for 40 minutes.

Helpful Hints
You can use oil instead of margarine. Instead of rosemarie chocolate try using chocolate chips or a combo of vanilla and chocolate chips.

buzz

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 4:11 am
The best one bowl large size choc cake in the world! I make it for my sons birthdays and it's my signature cake, everyone lives it!!

willow

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 4:55 am
culinaryk wrote:
I have a recipe for outrageous brownies and they really are. I serve them alone (slightly warm) or with a scoop of ice cream and everyone loves it.

2 stick/s Margarine
2 cup/s Sugar
4 Eggs Beaten
1 tablespoon/s Vanilla
1/2 cup/s Flour
1 cup/s Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
1 bar/s Rosemarie Chocolate

Preparation
Melt the margarine. Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate. This can be done by hand or with a mixer. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Cut chocolate into chunks and sprinkle on top of the batter. Push it slightly down. Bake for 40 minutes.

Helpful Hints
You can use oil instead of margarine. Instead of rosemarie chocolate try using chocolate chips or a combo of vanilla and chocolate chips.

NO offense but that isn't easy its going to use a lot more then one bowl for one and requires a few steps like melting margarine.
I agree with ra_mom it has to be one bowl with oil

culinaryk

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 5:17 am
I actually use oil instead of margarine and mix everything together in one bowl.

est

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 5:38 am
buzz - can I have the recipe please?

my easiest is yesha's brownie recipe with oil - we love it and I have been asked for the recipe by several friends whom I sent it to - thanks yesha!

Liba

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 6:02 am
chocolate mint brownies. my kids often beg for them week after week and they are as simple as can be.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins