Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How long does formula last?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 30 2006, 11:42 pm
How long after I mix the powder with water can I still feed it to my baby? (If it's left out of the fridge?) - specifically Materna?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 01 2006, 1:00 am
about an hour.

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 9:55 pm
I don't know about that brand specifically, but I've read that 2 hours is fine.
I have left it out for a little longer and it hasn't bothered my baby. embarrassed

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 13 2006, 12:12 am
I've also heard about 1 hour, but in practice, I would check it to see how it looked---usually as soon as it started to go bad it would separate in a clearish part and a chunky part. If it wasn't separating and it had been less than 2 hours, I'd still use it.

Sparkle

Post Fri, Oct 13 2006, 12:57 am
I usually make a bottle for my baby before I go to sleep to give to him when he wakes up in the early AM. It has never gone bad and I have done this all year with my one year old and I did it with my three year old when he was younger. This is about 5-6 hours.

BTW, I don't do it if it is very warm weather. Where I live it gets really cold at night.

Marion

Post Fri, Oct 13 2006, 1:28 am
I hate throwing out formula, it's so expensive! If it looks OK and smells OK I'll give it to him. Maybe I'm playing with fire, I don't know, but BH so far everything's been fine.

sandy

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:13 am
what about isomil formula Before it's made,how long does the powdered formula last in an opened container??

realeez

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 9:23 am
sandy wrote:
what about isomil formula Before it's made,how long does the powdered formula last in an opened container??

1 month

mirikush

Post Fri, Oct 20 2006, 12:32 am
if he has used some of the bottle chuck it out after an hour as the germs from his mouth are now happily multiplying in the bottle!!
Having said that when I was a first time mother I had to spend shabbos in kiriat arba and my baby was formula fed. I made up all the formula in a thermos and used it over shabbos as the person we stayed by had no shabbos kumkum and wanted me to use the water from what I assumed was a fleishig pot on the blech ...how dumb was that(me making up the formula not the person we stayed by) . I now know better although the malachim must have been working overtime as he suffered from no ill effects!! Or maybe he has a cast iron stomach???
Anyway...I know it's expensive but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics