Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Extra Yummy Cabbage Salad
Previous  1  2

greeneyes

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 12:01 pm
nicole81 wrote:
greeneyes wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
I make something similar to this, and add chopped chicken breast that marinated in soy, honey, and sesame oil.

then to serve the salad in a cute way, I bake wonton wrappers in muffin tins to serve as little cups. the salad goes very well with the wonton.

Nicole, I'd love this recipe if you don't mind posting it!

I don't have an exact recipe, I'm a big experimenter (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse!) in the kitchen and never write anything down.

But basically I do this:

I marinate chicken breast in soy sauce, brown sugar or honey, sesame oil, and ginger. Then I cook them in a skillet (could probably be baked.)

I take a bag of coleslaw mix and add sesame oil, soy sauce and honey to taste (sorry, no exact measurements!)

I also toast sesame seeds in the skillet and add them in.

Then I chop up the chicken in the food processor and mix that in as well. I add ginger to taste and sometimes other spices if I'm in the mood Very Happy

Spray muffin tins, press in wonton wrappers, and bake until crispy. serve salad in cups.

I'm thinking this would probably be good in a lettuce leaf wrap as well.

btw my husband hates this and my kids love it, so go figure...

Thanks, sounds delicious!

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 2:45 pm
I have to say that I tried to make this salad for R"H, but then dh reminded me that we don't eat almonds. So I kind of recreated a Rosh Hashana version of this salad:

I used the dressing recipe, except I forgot the soy sauce and I used apricot preserves in place of the orange marmalade.

For the salad, I used cabbage, scallions, mandarin oranges, and pomegranate seeds!!! It was SO good! I would totally add toasted slivered almonds next time.

Brownies

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 5:57 am
I,d love to try this salad, it sounds great. Can someone just tell me if the dressing tastes very orange-y because of the marmalade? Thanks

saralea

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 12:40 pm
It isn't too orangy. Its really delicious. I love it.

saralea

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 12:44 pm
I served the mandarine oranges on the side. Dh doesn't like them in salads. You can do that also, if you're concerned. Thanks for reminding me about this salad. I'm going to make it next shabbos!

L25

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 3:25 pm
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if I could use duck sauce instead of the orange marmalade and how should I change the amounts of the other ingredients to compensate since it has vinegar in it...
Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics