Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bleach on silver !!! help!!!

Kumphort

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 10:57 am
motzei shabbos, while cleaning the counters with "fantastic" with bleach, I accidently sprayed my husband's sliver kiddush cup, the spray, left a stain, which looks like it damaged the silver, I tried washing it off, and using silver polish, but that didnt help, it looks like the chemicals, went through the silver, any advice on how to quickly fix?? we are going to be using the kiddush cup a lot now that succos is coming up !!!!

JMto2

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 11:01 am
There is a place in Monsey called Silver Restored 845-425-3599 maybe he can help you and give you an idea how to take off the stain.

mommy24

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 9:32 pm
If you find out how to remove the stains, or find a place, closer to brooklyn, that did a good job please let me know. I sprayed bleach all over my husbands becher a while back and I couldn't find anyone to help me. thanks!

eaglewings

Post Sat, Oct 21 2006, 6:53 pm
Oh, I know how you feel! One year before Pesach my older son decided to REALLY clean the candlesticks--- with bleach. shock
I was in tears. (I quess I SHOULD have not cried. After all, material possesions aren't everything. But I was really upset.)
My son spent the REST of the day polishing and repolishing the silver, and it became almost completely Ok. Then for my birthday, all the married kids joined together and sent the candlesticks to be refurbished, and they are fine now! Thumbs Up

faigie

Post Sat, Oct 21 2006, 10:29 pm
I use silver wash on my sterling....... and yes it took off the bleach stains whihc I get a lot becuase of . fantasitic bleach spray.
incidentlly, the fantastic bleach did very well on stained clothing. its not as strong as reg bleach so it doesnt ea thru the fabric.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics