Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How did the fast go?

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 5:15 pm
B"H the fast went really well. The kids were amazing and just got on with playing. My eldest every so often went and sat down and said some Tehillim. If the noise level got too loud then I asked them to be queiter and they did. They were amazing and B"H I managed to get loads of Davening done. To make YK be more like YK I sang all the YK songs that I am used to from Shul. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway I hiope all your Tefila's were answered today and that Moshiach will come NOW.

bandcm

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 8:39 pm
You´re lucky your kids are so well behaved.
I had a babysitter all day today, but my son still managed to come upstairs to the shul and nag me about this and that - and of course I had to come down to nurse.
But all in all it went quite well - as usual, by the end of the fast, after counting down the hours, I didn´t feel like eating!

queen

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 10:21 pm
bH my baby took an hour nap this morning while I was at shul (she was at babysitter) and then this afternoon slept from 3:30-6.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 10:32 pm
Bh great!!! Fasted excellent. Didnt go to shul but managed to daven all tefillos at home.

el2cg

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 11:15 pm
b"h the fast went well, and the kids behaved too. they did not fight at all, and played nicely. there were plenty of neighborhood children outside, so that broke up the day a bit.

Sofia2

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 11:20 pm
Suprisingly very well, Baruch Hashem.
The children were really fine and I even accomplished one shemona esrei.

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 11:26 pm
for the first time in years I went to kol nidre. and was in shul for all of davening. it was great!! and bh the kids behaved well too.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 4:59 am
Fast was ok B"H.
I went to Kol Nidrei.
Today I managed to daven only Shacharis where I was babysitting.
1. I had to watch the kids so I couldn't daven all day.
2. I could barely stand for one shemonei esra.. I didn't even attempt to try mussaf.. I simply cant stand straight for that long.

the 6 kids that I babysat were well behaved too.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 8:48 am
My fast wasn't so fantastic. I used to fast fairly well, but this year, I've gotten sick towards the mid-end of every fast. I've even broken a few of the lesser fasts - which I'd never done in the past.

On Yom Kippur I fell asleep with a slight headache that turned into a migraine. At around 4am I went to the bathroom just in case I needed to vomit - which I did Sad

That didn't make my situation any better - I was even more dehydrated than I should have been! It took hours after the fast until I felt well enough to eat.

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 12:11 pm
oh defy.. how you feel better now.

b'h fast went pretty well . my kids where really ok.. and I managed some davening too... may hashem answer our tefillos.

stem

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 12:37 pm
B"H I was okay, but my 4 year old got high fever in the middle, and our power went out (due to strong electrical storms) about 3 hours before the fast was over. So I spent the day taking care of my sick daughter, and sat in the the pitch black for a few hours in the evening. I had no idea what time it was, so I sat on the front porch till I saw the stars out, and then went in to light some candles.

CHANY115

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 12:39 pm
how did you fast???? I am going into my eight month and I felt very weak and did not know what to do with myself but managed to make it through.

nechamashifra

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 1:13 pm
Defy, do you drink coffee in general? I used to get a migraine at every fast until I realized the problem was I was missing my daily coffee. Now, I start drinking less coffee a week in advance and then right before the fast I drink a strong coffee and I fast really well.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 1:27 pm
B"H as easy as TB was!
My son, who if he decides to, usually naps about an hour to an hour and a half...and yesterday he napped for almost 3.5 hours! And he still went to sleep on time! I managed to daven everything at home and lay down as necessary; I just didn't leave home the whole time even though the weather looked gorgeous.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 1:34 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
Defy, do you drink coffee in general? I used to get a migraine at every fast until I realized the problem was I was missing my daily coffee. Now, I start drinking less coffee a week in advance and then right before the fast I drink a strong coffee and I fast really well.

Nope, I never drink coffee, soda, or anything with caffeine - I'm strictly a water person. I NEVER get migraines, but got one 2 weeks ago. . . maybe it's due to stress.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 1:46 pm
I got a very bad headache... of course kids fighting tooth and nail at it's height..

B"H I made it through
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur