Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
LA Playgroup.. Advice needed

Moriyi

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 3:18 am
Hi Smile

I am starting a small playgroup in LA in Sept, IYH. I'm excited to be doing this and can't wait for all the fun we'll be having.

I am working on my schedules and daily/weekly activities at the moment.

My own kids have never gone to a playgroup and I know that moms who have been through it would have priceless advice that my years of teaching would not give me..

1. What are your biggest complaints about your playgroups? Pet peeves, etc. Or on a more positive note.. what does the Morah do that makes it extra special for your child?

2. Does your playgroup serve lunch? I've found my own little ones to be such picky eaters that I wouldn't be able to send them anywhere without their own food.. they're way too particular!

3. If any of you run your own playgroups (or are preschool teachers), what websites/books/resources have you found to be the most useful?

Thanks so much!

Moriyi

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 1:16 pm
*bump*

amother

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 3:29 pm
I'm also from LA

my kids went to 2 different playgroups.

honestly I dont have any negatives.

some tips or thoughts:
1) kids dont need to learn parsha, etc, but in my mind, why not teach it? why not teach them how to sort or their colors or even biligual teaching.

2) about lunch, one group gave the other didnt. I enjoyed the playgroup that gave lunch. Mothers were responsible for bringing the ingredients for lunch (we each had about 2 days a month to bring) and it was cooked fresh for the kids. There is the issue of kashrus and your parents being okay with your kashrus. I do think that you should for sure serve snack.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics